DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying low practice.. WOW!!

A.O.

Reactions
So I went and flew the same path as before, set my camera to 1080 at 60 FPS and the video was crystal clear, leaves on the ground in sharp focus, ran through "video editor" on my computer (windows app maybe, came with the computer) mainly to add music, it looked GREAT nice in focus and everything!!! THEN... I downloaded it to U-Tube and it is now WAY out of focus.. way worse than the original even... WHY??
Here is both to compare...

first...

And then this one..

I'm not understanding why its so clear until I down load to U-Tube and its barely watchable... Whats going on??

I'm not understanding why its so clear until I down load to U-Tube and its barely watchable... Whats going on??
If you don't film or more specifically give a "format" of encoding that youtube want's or needs..It re-encodes your videos and then crushes output with compression...I tried explaining that earlier. Many of the editors people are suggesting have settings that say "For YouTube" for the output encode codec, there are also Youtube videos (Go Figure) that tell you how to optimize your editor for best output for youtube. It's a trail and error thing to just guess or use a default with them...you'll find something that works..hang in there. Vimeo is reported to not be so harsh with it's site, perhaps sign up there for a free upload and try it and give link?

If you don't film or more specifically give a "format" of encoding that youtube want's or needs..It re-encodes your videos and then crushes output with compression...I tried explaining that earlier. Many of the editors people are suggesting have settings that say "For YouTube" for the output encode codec, there are also Youtube videos (Go Figure) that tell you how to optimize your editor for best output for youtube. It's a trail and error thing to just guess or use a default with them...you'll find something that works..hang in there. Vimeo is reported to not be so harsh with it's site, perhaps sign up there for a free upload and try it and give link?
So is Vimeo an editing site or a U-Tube like site?

So I went and flew the same path as before, set my camera to 1080 at 60 FPS and the video was crystal clear, leaves on the ground in sharp focus, ran through "video editor" on my computer (windows app maybe, came with the computer) mainly to add music, it looked GREAT nice in focus and everything!!! THEN... I downloaded it to U-Tube and it is now WAY out of focus.. way worse than the original even... WHY??

first...

And then this one..

Every website like YouTube, FakeBook, and others use a lot of compression on files to save space on servers. You probably need a "real" video editing program. Spend a few dollars to get a real program that will do the things you need and maybe add a little compression so that websites don't do it for you.

I was told the difference between You Tube and Vimeo, is the following:

Vimeo will play at what ever quality you load in. So if you load 1080 it plays 1080, if you load 4K it plays at 4K. Here is the difference, if you have a very slow internet, then the video quality you see, will be jerky and not very flowing. If you have a fast internet service, it will be just as good and fluid as what was uploaded.

Now with YouTube, their intention is to show you the video as quickly as possible. It senses what your download speed is at your internet end and changes the quality going to you so that the video plays as quickly as possible, without lags or stopping frames. So if you upload 4K video and you have a slow server, the video quality will be reduced by Youtube to as low as possible but to keep the video streaming or flowing, without and juddering or stuttering, as far as possible. If you have a fast server at your end, then the video will come at you as the higher quality because your server can speed it to you, so you still see it without any jumping or stutter because you have fast data transmission.

I hope I have explained that correctly, so that it is understandable. Basically you tube will send as high quality if you have the speed, or will reduce the quality, in order to keep a flowing stream of video to you, if you server has a slow speed. That way you always get flowing video without judder. stutter etc. but the quality reduces as your server speed reduces, in order to achieve this flow. Vimeo send out what ever was uploaded to it, and on your end it will show great with a fast server but will be all juddery on your end if you have a slow server.

first...

And then this one..

When I set it for 1080 HD it looks good on my 24 in monitor at fullscreen... I'll have to look at my 4k drone vids and see what the before and after look like... Also your video is limited to 1080p and mine have 2160p (4K) as viewing options. I rarely go through the brush like you were and when it warms up maybe I'll take a walk through the woods like that...

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyP
When I Upload to YouTube with 4K chosen, it uploads an smaller version first and the does the hi def version which takes longer..., the there’s processing time of up to 15 min or so..,, the videos look great on my 80” TV!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78