DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic Air

Pedruel

Reactions
Hi,
Please could someone tell me, if it allowed to take pictures in a rest area over the everglades using a mavic drone?.

Inside Everglades National Park? No, it's a national park.
Hi- If you are on Tamiami Trail the rest areas are on the pull offs heading towards the Everglades, but not in the park. I have flown there. See the attached 2:41 min video, which opens with Everglades scenes. This was taken from a roadside pull off about 1/2 mile east of the park entrance, on the right.

Thanks for your comments and video. That is exactly, what I will plan to do, stop by the road and fly & record as you did.
Regards Pedro

Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions (as you have found out ?) . Also, the search function if an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

Thanks for your comments and video. That is exactly, what I will plan to do, stop by the road and fly & record as you did.
Regards Pedro
Pedro- watch for that bridge at 00:48 in the video just a little before the park entrance on the left.

Pedro- check out this Google map- look for pullout near here.

Dale
Coral Gables

Attachments

• Shark Valley-Tigertail Boat Tours.jpg
    Shark Valley-Tigertail Boat Tours.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 26
My understanding is that the prohibition is you cannot take off and land within the park but the National Park Service has no jurisdiction over the airspace above the park. So as long as you launch and land outside the park boundaries and maintain VLOS,you should be OK.

My understanding is that the prohibition is you cannot take off and land within the park but the National Park Service has no jurisdiction over the airspace above the park. So as long as you launch and land outside the park boundaries and maintain VLOS,you should be OK.

I am flying away from the park, towards the north side of the canal, across the road from the park, and at no time does the drone enter the park. The park is on the south side of the road

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31