DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mini 2 Indoors

Just tried out my new Mini2 indoors. It worked great, held position and responded crisply to control inputs. It seemed very quick to respond flying in cine mode, quicker than the MM1.

Just tried out my new Mini2 indoors. It worked great, held position and responded crisply to control inputs. It seemed very quick to respond flying in cine mode, quicker than the MM1.
Not sure but something I just learned. Seems you must be in P mode to arm and fly then go to Tripod/(cine mode?). If your in Tripod selection first (Mine is a M2Z) and arm and then fly it defaults back to P mode, you then have to select P mode on switch then back to really get Tripod mode. Will need to confim this on the Mini 2 and MA2 to see if this default function is the same. Seems Arming disregards switch setting and takes off in "P" mode by default at least in older models.

Defaulting to P mode is a safety feature since the physical switch on the remotes for most models can easily get bumped in transport and overlooked. I believe though you can just start motors with CSC, then set your mode before getting off the ground.
MM1 doesn't have a physical switch so that safety feature shouldn't have had to be implemented.

Note that the MM1 guards aren't completely compatible with the MM2.

Just flew my Mini 2 indoors in cine mode with the MM prop guards installed. Hover was good, although the drone tended to drift. I had to continually make corrections. I guess this is what happens when you are not connected to satellites. Had to twist the prop guards a bit to get them in place so the clip could be closed, but they worked fine.
I would say that the Mini 2 tended to drift a little more than the MM. Just my opinion. I would be interested in hearing what others have experienced.

Just tried my mm2 indoors with the mm1 prop guards on, seems pretty good actually. As above the clips were a bit tight on the back, believe there is an updated version for the mm2 but seemed "OK" so hopefully the clips won't break! Noticed after a brief flight there is a payload mode you are meant to enable when the prop guards or some other accessories are fitted. Don't have a mm1 so can't compare with that.

I've done a little bit of Mini flying indoors. I was amazed at how stable it is.
My dog sure didn't like it though....He watched it obviously amazed until it flew over him and the wind generated totally freaked him out....
I decided not to tease him that way....

I'm currently waiting for the temperatures to rise a bit where I live so that I can fly outdoors where it belongs.
It's kind of uncomfortable trying to control it while I'm shivering right now.....

Reactions: jstagsSF
I just flew my Mini 2 again indoors with no prop guards this time and therefore no payload activated. It definitely hovered better than before. It was quite stable, with not much wandering.

I’ve flown my mini 2 indoors several times now but I can’t seem to get crisp video images when moving sideways or panning. The video is crisp when moving forward or stationary but gets super choppy and blurry when panning or moving sideways. I’ve tried every possible combination of 2.7k, 4K, 24fps, 30fps, 60fps, etc., but problem exists every time…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki