DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying near amusement parks

RickMC

Reactions
Has anyone done it before? I live near an amusement park and I thought it would be neat to get some aerial shots from a distance. Obviously I am not going to fly directly over the amusement park property. There are no airspace restrictions in the area where the park is located. There’s a public area nearby where I would take off, and I wouldn’t be flying directly over anyone. I’d be a pretty good distance away from the park and people. I’m just wondering if these parks have security teams that are monitoring the sky looking for drones. I don’t feel like having to deal with some security guard who tracks me down. I wouldn’t be breaking any laws so I don’t see why it would be such a big deal.

buy a evo drone.it has 8 x zoom,no need to be anywhere near close.:D

Reactions: genesimmons
buy a evo drone.it has 8 x zoom,no need to be anywhere near close.:D

8x digital zoom. I haven't tested it but it won't be any better than zooming with a Mavic since the sensor is only 1/2.7''.

8x digital zoom. I haven't tested it but it won't be any better than zooming with a Mavic since the sensor is only 1/2.7''.
the mavic is only 2x zoom but i agree a stable shot isnt likely unless the software controls it which isnt likely

The Mavic camera can zoom? I feel like an idiot for not knowing that. How do you zoom?

The Mavic camera can zoom? I feel like an idiot for not knowing that. How do you zoom?
its done by the 5 control button,just push down i believe

You can zoom digitally but only in 1080p. If you want to zoom in 2.7 or 4k then you need to edit the pictures afterwards with a software like Gimp.

Has anyone done it before? I live near an amusement park and I thought it would be neat to get some aerial shots from a distance. Obviously I am not going to fly directly over the amusement park property. There are no airspace restrictions in the area where the park is located. There’s a public area nearby where I would take off, and I wouldn’t be flying directly over anyone. I’d be a pretty good distance away from the park and people. I’m just wondering if these parks have security teams that are monitoring the sky looking for drones. I don’t feel like having to deal with some security guard who tracks me down. I wouldn’t be breaking any laws so I don’t see why it would be such a big deal.

Just do it and do it sensibly and responsibly. I don't see how taking video or photos from beyond the extremities of the park can construe a danger of any kind. As for security patrolling for drones...what are they going to do except ask you to stop it? They have zero powers.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121