DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over a disused quarry beauty spot

Crouching Leopard

Reactions
HI
I am thinking of taking out my new 2 Pro for a flight over a disused quarry at a local beauty spot.

There are 2 options:
1, Fly from the top path out about 10 Metres where the ground drops fairly rapidly to the quarry floor/water which is surrounded by an exercise path, then do some high and low shots

2. Walk down to the exercise path, take off and do some low and high shots from there.

Have read that sometimes sudden jump in apparent altitude (low to high) can cause issues with the sensors.

Don't want to have an incident on my first flight of this type so any advice would be appreciated

I was also thinking of doing some shots with my Mini 1. Any opinions on this

HI
I am thinking of taking out my new 2 Pro for a flight over a disused quarry at a local beauty spot.

There are 2 options:
1, Fly from the top path out about 10 Metres where the ground drops fairly rapidly to the quarry floor/water which is surrounded by an exercise path, then do some high and low shots

2. Walk down to the exercise path, take off and do some low and high shots from there.

Have read that sometimes sudden jump in apparent altitude (low to high) can cause issues with the sensors.

Don't want to have an incident on my first flight of this type so any advice would be appreciated

I was also thinking of doing some shots with my Mini 1. Any opinions on this
Did the flight, all worked with no issues except for another drone flying to about a metre away from me and buzzing me. Got away quickly and he didn't come back.

Reactions: ChickenFried

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr