DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over the Rainforest of Taman Negara National Park, Malaysia

TestPilot

Reactions
Been away for a while because of work and thus never posted for months...........but here's my video of my trip to Taman Negara National Park in Malaysia earlier this year. This vast national park is often billed as the world's oldest tropical rainforest, and is a very important conservation area in South East Asia, one of the very last areas of lowland tropical forest left in this part of the world.

I took a boat trip to an aborigine village and flew my drone from there. I was quite worried about the drone getting lost and getting into RTH trouble, or getting attacked by an eagle, so I asked my boatman to double up as my "drone spotter" with a binoculars, while I focused on the flying/controls. And indeed he told me that he saw some eagles flying about when I was about to start descending, and I also heard that previous drone fliers had trouble with a particular eagle (in another area of the park). Luckily nothing happened.

So that's part of the risk of flying a mavic/drone over a rainforest. There are eagles about....

I must add that I did not have the time to fly after my trip, for months now, and my Mavic has been gathering dust, and I guess I would have to "relearn" again a lot of stuff....So excuse me if I ask noob questions again :)

Reactions: masic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada