DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying through a redwood forest

Nice! I grew up in Santa Rosa. Spent a lot of time in the Muir Woods. Thanks for the video!

Reactions: hactick
I think I must have done that in my project settings on Davinci Resolve. I was just trying to fix that before I started my next project.

Flying through a National Park.

(This is your chance to post that you were -just outside- the Park's limit.

Shot in auto exposure ?
Not sure how to avoid the different lights blow and above the trees, so much variation !!
Something that can be addressed in post, but beyond my editing capabilities as yet.

Absolutely wonderful forest, those trees are magnificent.
Lucky to have access to such a place.

I am not too fussed about National Parks bans here in Australia, and probably wouldn't be in many US ones either.
Some places are that remote, and no visitors nearby, that there is no reason not to do something nice to record the nature for 15 mins at a time.
It's ridiculous considering some of the remoteness involved, and I know US parks are like this too.

I know why they brought this in, some will not have enough sense to not fly where it's popular, where there are crowds, disturb other park users or annoy animals etc.
But if I'm in the Simpson Desert in the remote outback of South Australia, I'll have no qualms about getting footage while using common sense and consideration for others in the area (if any others within many kilometres, ha ha).

For info, Australia has 5 states, 2 territories, (like states but special :D), and lots of litle islands scattered about the various seas surrounding us.
2 states have no ban on drones, just operate to CASA (air authority) rules.
One was recently overturned from a complete ban, I hope other states see sense and also change in the future.

I didn't film with auto exposure but I had to do a ton of post work to get past the difference in exposure from the forest floor to the top of the canopy. It didn't come out as seamless as I had hoped but I learned a few new tricks for editing.
I go to great lengths to make sure no people are anywhere near where I'm flying. Fortunately when you live in the middle of nowhere it's pretty easy.

Liked the video.watched it both with the sound on and off.
Which do you think I liked better ?
I'm getting bored with the standard drone video music that everybody uses. Figured I'd try something different. Guess it's not for everybody.

Reactions: alanwa007
I've been using this forum for a couple of months now and don't normally have any problem finding the videos, but I can't find it either, gimme a clue!

Why didnt you go up and do a circle around the treetops for us?
Too many close calls for one day. I only had a pizza box size hole I was trying to get through. I have a different idea for the next flight there.

Filmed on private property --

Cool. It's nice to have convenient access like that. When I am at home in California, I have to drive 50 miles or so up in the Sierra to find spots like that. I keep thinking I will run up there and redo some of my older stuff, your video is an inspiration.

Reactions: hactick
I'm getting bored with the standard drone video music that everybody uses. Figured I'd try something different. Guess it's not for everybody.

I certainly didn't mind it.
Mind you I am still mucking about with music from DJI Editor, not many decent tracks there !!
One day soon I'll explore online music sites, and other editors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman