DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with gimbal clamp on

Radagast

Reactions
Hi all,
Please don't flame me for this schoolboy error, no-one knows more than me how much I screwed up....
I flew a 2 minute Litchi waypoint mission with the gimbal clamp on, is there a chance I have done permanent damage?
I have recalibrated the gimbal since, and everything seems to be ok, but can't test due to adverse weather.

Ive done the same. My video feed was shaky and knew I had to bring the Mavic back in quick.

No long lasting effects that I can determine. Still flys great and video and still are have no issues. I have insurance (Statefarm) so not a huge deal if something did happen.

It’s generally one of those things you only do once because you remember the pain from the first time. No. Wait. That’s sitting on your junk, you usually only do that once.

Hi all,
Please don't flame me for this schoolboy error, no-one knows more than me how much I screwed up....
I flew a 2 minute Litchi waypoint mission with the gimbal clamp on, is there a chance I have done permanent damage?
I have recalibrated the gimbal since, and everything seems to be ok, but can't test due to adverse weather.
We've all done the same at one time or another, however you should immediately get a "gimbal overload" warning on your screen, that warns you that something isn't right and you probably forgot to remove you clamp...again;).-CF

Reactions: BluesDragon
We've all done the same at one time or another, however you should immediately get a "gimbal overload" warning on your screen, that warns you that something isn't right and you probably forgot to remove you clamp...again;).-CF
Hmm there were no warnings at all. There was about a 10 second delay before the mission commenced, but that's all. The mission instructions were to angle the gimbal -20 degrees at the start, then return to 0 degrees at the finish.

I've done the same several times. Usually I get a Gimbal overload warning but this morning I took it up and was shocked to see the video very shaky. No warnings but I immediately realised what I'd done (again!) and landed it straight away. Don't know why I didn't get a warning but all seems well and 2 long timelapse videos later in brisk winds show it's still working perfectly. Don't worry!

Reactions: Radagast
Hmm there were no warnings at all. There was about a 10 second delay before the mission commenced, but that's all. The mission instructions were to angle the gimbal -20 degrees at the start, then return to 0 degrees at the finish.
This is the warning I get on the GO app except instead of Aircraft Motor, it says Gimbal Motor. image.jpeg
Were you using Litchie for your mission or something else's? O, and are you really Radagast the Brown, the bird tamer? -CF

It's also possible you didn't put the clamp on correctly where the little tabs slide into the slots on the gimbal. In a that case it probably would allow some sporadic movement but not much and it would probably be very "twitchy".

Its twitchy video because the gimbal motors are trying to turn the gimbal and since the clamp hold the gimbal the force is directed at the entire gimbal assembly which is a suspension mount that uses rubber retaining orings. Those orings stretch out and the gimbal assembly shifts. Since the camera is attached to the gimbal then shaky video is produced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin