DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Flying with Pelicans

doronlev

Reactions
At this time of the year, hundreds of thousands of migrating birds pass over the Jordan Valley on their way from Africa to Europe.
The birds spend their nights in the Jordan river water and the Sea of Galilee. I managed to film a flock of pelicans in their flight to the water (without disturbing).

Amazing footage. Is very interesting how they keep the pattern in swimming in the water.

However, be careful to do not to distress wildlife. You could end up losing your drone and killing a bird.
In the US could be illegal, especially in wildlife-protected areas.

Reactions: 4006448
At this time of the year, hundreds of thousands of migrating birds pass over the Jordan Valley on their way from Africa to Europe.
The birds spend their nights in the Jordan river water and the Sea of Galilee. I managed to film a flock of pelicans in their flight to the water (without disturbing).

This is EXACTLY the kind of video in the air that ALL of us envisioned when contemplating buying a drone. Coolest use of our "toys" I have seen. And respectful of the birds. WELL DONE!

Reactions: W2EJ
Not sure about not disturbing the birds but incredible footage. I’m sure the soundtrack was more meaningful to you. The birds, and you, definitely found the thermals.

Reactions: 4006448
I sat here watching this in awe! What a great video. They obviously knew your drone was there by some of them make 'corections' to their flight path to avoid it. Pelicans are not one of the most glamorous birds on the ground, but they are about as graceful as any bird in the sky. Great capturing the one 'eyeing' your drone at the end. Spectacular!!! Neil Diamond helped too!

Stunning video. You did a great job of choosing a vantage point and letting the birds come to you. I like the high shots of the lines of birds approaching to land.

If I can make a suggestion, it might be good to edit out some of the more rapid turns and gimbal movements. They're a bit distracting, especially considering that the rest of the footage is so stately and grand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1