DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with tablets.

I wanted as bright a screen as possible so I've bought a Samsung Tab S2 with a 9.7" super AMOLED display. Incredibly bright and high def in sunlight. Has GPS and a Verizon 4G network.

Reactions: Dragonfly
Darn it I'm a little confused now I think I have gone too far including frame the screen measures a bit over 200 mm in landscape I can't find a proper mount I've gone through Amazon the biggest I have managed to find is 190mm
Can you post a link to the holder that should fit a 13" screen.? That's what I need exactly.

Sorry I'm being a smartass... I'm glad to hear that it actually work to fly with a tablet. I never owned any. Now I'll try to test how comfortable it is.

I don't know why but I am always pulling my iPad mini off and putting the iPhone 6 back on. You can't see crap but it just feels so much more comfortable with the phone.

Reactions: wowography
I have a quick question how is it to fly mavic with a tablet I mean as far as I'm concerned flying with smartphone which supports gps & Mobile network data helps somehow out right. Most of the tablets include neither of them so it must be less convenient right?
It's not bad , I use a Nvidia K1 Shield with the Hoodman sun screen, I find it to be way better then my phone, I see more of the FPV view and it's easer on my eyes .
FlySafe -FlyFree

Reactions: Islandguy27
I use Samsung S2 8 inch.
Had to try a few different USB cables initially to find one that worked, but otherwise excellent, has GPS. It's the WI-Fi only version so I just fire up the app at home before going out and scroll around the map area I'm flying in to cache it. Brilliant bright screen, unit fits into RC perfectly so no extra holder needed. Doesn't crash or disconnect.
ccfc4e2e03b0b1c9f9bf6e3cd83f16a2.jpg

I use Samsung S2 8 inch.
Had to try a few different USB cables initially to find one that worked, but otherwise excellent, has GPS. It's the WI-Fi only version so I just fire up the app at home before going out and scroll around the map area I'm flying in to cache it. Brilliant bright screen, unit fits into RC perfectly so no extra holder needed. Doesn't crash or disconnect.
ccfc4e2e03b0b1c9f9bf6e3cd83f16a2.jpg

Keep hearing bay things about Android with the mavic. Confused I am. Guidance I need.

My S2 is the T710 - the earlier model. I use Android 5, with Go 4.1.10, Firmware V 01.04.0000.

Current S2 Model is T713, would need someone using it to give their opinion as to reliability.

I also use an HTC M8 (Android 6) with the MP. Virtually no problems.

Everything just works.....

I use Samsung S5 International and Samsung Tab4 8inch and and both work flawlessly.

Hmm, well even though I have an Iphone 7Plus, I never fly with it. Always fly with my Galaxy Note 4 tablet which is Android. The reason bein' that it has a much larger screen. Also, I fly almost exclusively with the Litchi app, so I'm all about real estate on my phone. This particular phone does have GPS and the phone is activated so I can use it almost anywheres as far as maps, and don't need to cache the maps.
Chip D - Omaha, Ne
Isn't a Note 4 a phone, not a tablet?

I just purchased a iPad Pro 9.7, not what I wanted but a great offer through work. As a new flyer, I want the screen behind and above the controller. Here is what I found and purchased, (note the picture shows the 12” iPad ) Should be arriving in a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_3860.JPG
    IMG_3860.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Hey I just want to say that I don't know how to start a new thread on here (someone tell me please) but that I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab E and it simply does not work. It did not recognize the controller and kept flashing alert messages having to do with either charging or other unrelated issues. Strobing repeatedly. NG. After spending close to two hours with a dji dude online, it turns out it was not supported by dji, although there is a list floating around that states that it is. So, I am still trying to avoid the high cost of an apple tablet but I just might have to give in. My research shows that tablets such as Nvidia are no longer even marketed.

, I am still trying to avoid the high cost of an apple tablet but I just might have to give in. My research shows that tablets such as Nvidia are no longer even marketed.
You may want to check out the recently released Lenovo tablets, Tab3 and Tab4 'Plus" models (8 and 10 inch). I chose the Tab3 8 Plus and it runs Go4 with ease. Costs ~$150-$200.
Specs: Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus - Full tablet specifications

Reactions: Lobke
Hey I just want to say that I don't know how to start a new thread on here (someone tell me please)
just go to a forum,look at the top right and click on ''start new thread''

Let us know how the balance is holding the setup with your IPad above your RC with that bracket/Mount. I bought a cheap one similar to what yours does, but I didn’t like how it was unbalanced.
I use 3 different screens, depending on where I’m going. The Huawei XT2, IPad Mini4, or my iPhone 7+.
Whatever you use, make sure it’s in Airplane mode so you don’t get interrupted with texts, updates, etc.

msinger has a great list of comparable phones/tablets with specs below. [emoji6]

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa
I don't know why but I am always pulling my iPad mini off and putting the iPhone 6 back on. You can't see crap but it just feels so much more comfortable with the phone.

I second that.
Purchased an IPad Pro 9.7” and the popular sunshade. In my opinion, not good and it’s not even summer yet. Can’t see crap. The iphone of the same brightness seems better since it’s way smaller and attached between the grips you can maneuver some shade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown