DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying within 5 miles from multiple airports

Just so I get this straight. If we're flying for enjoyment, just notify them, which basically means telling them. If flying for business (107), 90 days notice to inform FAA and it's not guaranteed?
That's right

Since the FAA is no longer allowed to regulate hobby drones....do hobby drones still need to call airports within 5 miles?
I think whether you need to or not, if you are in doubt, make the call or better yet, go visit them and ask for their advice. Communication is key to any and all challenges and opportunities.

If your flight will be within 5 miles of any airport, you must notify all of them. Helipads too.
I live within 2 miles of 2 heliports. 1 is a hospital Airlife pad about 1 mile away and the other is a private company heliport. Not sure if there is a full time tower for the hospital, but I think it will be easy enough to find out. My concern is the private heliport. B4UFly shows that it is the Sony Electronics heliport at one of their fabs. Problem is Sony no longer owns that fab. I don't even know if they have a full time tower. Thoughts?

I live within 2 miles of 2 heliports. 1 is a hospital Airlife pad about 1 mile away and the other is a private company heliport. Not sure if there is a full time tower for the hospital, but I think it will be easy enough to find out. My concern is the private heliport. B4UFly shows that it is the Sony Electronics heliport at one of their fabs. Problem is Sony no longer owns that fab. I don't even know if they have a full time tower. Thoughts?

Doesn't matter if they have a full time tower. Neither is likely to have that. Just use the airport data found on skyvector.com to view the phone number for the heliport. I don't know why b4ufly does not just show the phone number.

Should look like this:

image.png

Reactions: Wersh and Alloy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM