DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flymore case/drone storage mods to safe guard props

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Not the prettiest but functional. There is a youtube video where it was suggested in the comments that the drone be put into the case with the rear props facing forward, shoulders in the case then 'force' the props inwards. I thought the foam peg would stop them swinging further. I think they interfere with one another if they do go further. The orange tape on the gimbal cover forces me to remove the gimbal cover to get access to the on off switch.
Similarily I think the front props are better stored parallel to the body, again the foam just limits travel.
Having seen a thread about snapped joysticks and not liking the force that was required to remove them from their storage space in the controller's cubby holes I drilled the case molding. I was expecting it to be foam but it seems to be a fabric covered shell of some sort, my drill was too small so I had to enlarge/carve the openings with a scalpel. The white foam I used is that layered white air bubble stuff that is used 'everywhere' in packing material.

Attachments

• case storage mods 2.jpg
    case storage mods 2.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 304
  • case storage mods 3.jpg
    case storage mods 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 307
  • case-storage mods.jpg
    case-storage mods.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 303
I'm using these, work well...but wont fit in the friggen fly more case when placed on the done...UGH!

DJI are trying to tell me to stop using their accessory gear and move over to my LowePro backpack!

I have ordered those but wont be using them.
Try what I did, it works. If you have the flymore case you can literally see that the idea for the 'top' props will work if you look closely as you close the lid over. With regard to the 'bottom' props, try the margarine thing, it MUST be soft and the cling film will keep it of the drone and the case

@PhiliusFoggg Looks like you have some red plastic attached on to the under side of your gimbal guard. Just an idea: Why not attach the foam peg onto that, so it can't get lost?

I store the removed sticks in the bottom of the recess that the controller sits in. There's a void underneath where I keep the sticks and a USB SD card reader. Underneath the battery charger I keep the little white box with spare props, sticks and screwdriver. I have the UK charger which is bigger than US/Euro chargers so there's no sensible way to fit it in to the flymore case.

Scro, I thought about putting the joysticks under either the controller or the battery charger but I have my "little white box" of spares under the controller and another set of spare props under the charger besides I sort of prefer them 'located', though it didn't quite work out the way I had intended. Btw I don't imagine needing all those props in one trip but it just keeps things together.
With regards to the USB charger, hmmmm I didn't think about that, daft of me, but I suppose many people will use a 12v USB charger when they are "out and about". I must admit I thought it a bit odd that DJI used a fixed earth pin rather than something like the slide out earth pin I have seen on some USB mains chargers.
Good thinking about tethering the peg to the tape I've already lost one peg that was blown away by the down draught.

Reactions: scro
I find a rubber band in like an "8" configuration holds those props well for placement in the flight bag.. Simples. Couple of spare bands and away you go.

Yes they would but assuming the blades are across the body do the rubber bands squash the blades against the body? As far as I can see it is that squashing that seems to be the problem.
Besides, if you literally mean a bag, I would point out that this is about using the fly more case, no offense intended.

Yes I was worried about that, I think the key is length of band it doesn't need to be tight in fact I think it doesn't want to be tight, almost loose really. Works really well for me and it's so simple (and cheap).

I use a couple of short pieces of 1/2 in. hook loop (velcro) cable tie. I has hooks on one side and loops on the other. Just wrap a piece around the props like it was tape. It doesn't put any pressure on the props, it is cheap and easy. If you loose it, it's no big deal. IMG_20201024_192735184.jpg

Reactions: dullman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike