DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focal distance of Goggles?

kona

Reactions
I can't find this information anywhere. Would like to know. Thanks.

It's not listed in the specs:
upload_2017-5-31_15-53-55.png

It's very short. Someone on these forums estimated it to be about 9", which is probably not far wrong.

I wear glasses with progressive lenses (lineless bifocals) and couldn't use them with the goggles, thus I bought a $5 pair of 2.0 cheater glasses. Everything is fine now

Just had eye exam last Friday, talked to doc about goggles. She did some research and gave me a prescription for 11" focal distance. Went by a eye-mart
store Tuesday and found a 29 dollar frame and got the cheap plastic lens.
I can see all corners of screen and not getting sick.

It's very short. Someone on these forums estimated it to be about 9", which is probably not far wrong.

So this mean i need readers that focus 9" from my eyes although the screens are 3" from my eyes. So the 9" is not physical from my eyes ?

Yes, that's pretty much it. Hold up a newspaper, or similar, 9" from your face, and try to read it. Then ascertain what strength glasses are going to help you. I just went into the local £1 shop, and tried a few at that kind of distance, then purchased the best pair, plus 2 others .25 strength either side of the best pair. Then took them home and tried them within the goggles. It worked for me :)

Reactions: Craig540
Yes, that's pretty much it. Hold up a newspaper, or similar, 9" from your face, and try to read it. Then ascertain what strength glasses are going to help you. I just went into the local £1 shop, and tried a few at that kind of distance, then purchased the best pair, plus 2 others .25 strength either side of the best pair. Then took them home and tried them within the goggles. It worked for me :)

Looks like i should be good with what i have then. Thanks

For nearsighted folks any suggestions for where to find readers?

Also has anyone measured the exact size of the lenses in the goggles?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure