DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus issue with 1.03.0500?

asnaptoremember

Reactions
Took my Mavic out the other day and everything was going great, but at about 12 min into the flight my Mavic would not focus. I was using standard auto focus (not continuous). No matter what I tried I could not get the Mavic to focus properly, but the Go4 app would say it was focused even though I could clearly see the picture was blurry. I even tried switching to manual focus and using the slider, but that didn't change anything either. So I brought the Mavic back to me, landed, turned it off and removed the ND filter (TACO-RC) I was using (even though it worked perfectly for the first 12 minutes). Turned it back on and it was able to focus.

After that I came back and flew another battery with the ND filter attached. Everything was fine.

Has anyone experienced this before? It was like my autofocus just decided it didn't want to work, but was fine after a quick restart. Weird.

Took my Mavic out the other day and everything was going great, but at about 12 min into the flight my Mavic would not focus. I was using standard auto focus (not continuous). No matter what I tried I could not get the Mavic to focus properly, but the Go4 app would say it was focused even though I could clearly see the picture was blurry. I even tried switching to manual focus and using the slider, but that didn't change anything either. So I brought the Mavic back to me, landed, turned it off and removed the ND filter (TACO-RC) I was using (even though it worked perfectly for the first 12 minutes). Turned it back on and it was able to focus.

After that I came back and flew another battery with the ND filter attached. Everything was fine.

Has anyone experienced this before? It was like my autofocus just decided it didn't want to work, but was fine after a quick restart. Weird.

I've had entire flights with poor focus that I've attributed to cold. Below about -6°C was the cut point. Since then I've avoided low temps and focus has been ok. That said, I have a soft left side issue so I sent the drone the Hospital for Sick Mavick Pros (Carson, CA).

Hope to have it back by mid April... <sigh>

Went flying yesterday and had my cover guard on there in near white out conditions testing firmware update and back to default setting. Yep. Mine couldn't focus for crap while flying out 2200 meters out.
So yours was a filter. I was blaming my problem with white out
Huh. Ill go test it again today and take the clear cap off

Went flying yesterday and had my cover guard on there in near white out conditions testing firmware update and back to default setting. Yep. Mine couldn't focus for crap while flying out 2200 meters out.
So yours was a filter. I was blaming my problem with white out
Huh. Ill go test it again today and take the clear cap off

Mine wasn't the filter's fault. Worked great initially with the filter and the second flight was fine with the filter as well. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my original post.

I've had entire flights with poor focus that I've attributed to cold. Below about -6°C was the cut point. Since then I've avoided low temps and focus has been ok. That said, I have a soft left side issue so I sent the drone the Hospital for Sick Mavick Pros (Carson, CA).

Hope to have it back by mid April... <sigh>

Well this was happening at around 70F outside so it wasn't the cold. Hopefully you get it back soon

Oh. Well it too foggy now for me to test that out, maybe my symptoms was too bright since nothing but snow up here and a few bushes

I experienced this with no filter no cold i try to restart
Finaly i do full reset to camera and gimbal calib and its ok now

I just had the issue you are talking about but mine isn't fixed. I can't even get it to focus properly manually with the slider. Tried two different batteries. It also seems that the manual focus slider is only really adjusting the focus during a portion of its travel, meaning I can't quite get to infinity and super close macro. But no matter what I do, no portion of the image is 100% focused. The only thing different about this flight verses my last flight a couple days ago is that it's about 35° out today. But the focus issue started immediately after I had powered on and the drone had been sitting in my warm house.

I just had the issue you are talking about but mine isn't fixed. I can't even get it to focus properly manually with the slider. Tried two different batteries. It also seems that the manual focus slider is only really adjusting the focus during a portion of its travel, meaning I can't quite get to infinity and super close macro. But no matter what I do, no portion of the image is 100% focused. The only thing different about this flight verses my last flight a couple days ago is that it's about 35° out today. But the focus issue started immediately after I had powered on and the drone had been sitting in my warm house.

Yeah, the manual focus seems to shift a bit, but barely anything. Sucks that yours didn't get resolved with a restart though. Did you allow the Mavic to adjust to the temperature change before flight? I know people have had gimbal issues when it hasn't had any time to adapt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aw.mydrone