DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus Menu - Can't find it

mtp1032

Reactions
Took delivery of my MPP two weeks ago, updated everything. Went for a flight and everything was out of focus. No problem, I thought, went on Youtube found all kinds of videos about how to focus and watched a couple of the more recent ones. So, I thought, let's get this thing in focus. So, I turned on the Drone system (RC, Drone, DJ Go4 on an Apple IPad), connected but, out of focus.

Went looking for the focus menus mentioned in the youtube videos and they're not there. I know there must be a way to adjust the focus or at least toggle between Auto and Manual focus, but I cannot find it.

So, for example, when I tap the three dots (upper right corner) to go into general settings, the only option close to what I'm looking for is "Long Press Action". But setting it to "focus" has no effect. Tapping on any of the icons on the left side of the General Settings reveals nothing even remotely related to focussing the drone's camera.

So, I'm at my wit's end. What in the world am I missing?

Cheers,
[EDIT] When I rebooted the drone, the camera comes up in focus with the AFC in the green (i.e., the AFC/MF signature in the upper right corner). But I still am unable to find the menu for setting the focus (.e.g, how do I set manual focus?).

Last edited:
U have to go in to camera settings....not the 3 dots at top. In the camera settings you will see a little settings wheel, then in there you will find what you're looking for.

Tap the AFC/MF signature
Well, thanks, but I've tried that and all it does is toggle between AFC (auto focus, I presume) and MF (manual focus). Toggling AFC/MF doesn't appear to give me a menu to set the focus settings (e.g., depth of field).

U have to go in to camera settings....not the 3 dots at top. In the camera settings you will see a little settings wheel, then in there you will find what you're looking for.
Thanks for the quick response. There seems to be some interesting options here: "Enable AFC Mode", "Focus Peaking Threshold".

I'll try a quick flight and see if it all works.

Cheers,

Ain't no appropriate focus on the Mavic Pro. You can't have a depth of field which is really annoying. I have been doing it in post with GIMP but I do wish we had this option by default with the Mavic.

Well, thanks, but I've tried that and all it does is toggle between AFC (auto focus, I presume) and MF (manual focus). Toggling AFC/MF doesn't appear to give me a menu to set the focus settings (e.g., depth of field).
With the fixed / wide open aperture on Mavs, there is no depth of field setting. AFC & MF are your options. Tap an object on the screen to focus on it. That's about the sum of your options.

Reactions: MiniPalourde
Not to be insulting BUT....did you remove the clear protective film from the camera's lens when you got it:rolleyes:;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum