DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus Mode / Active Track

ddodell

Reactions
Maybe I'm missing it ... but looking for an intelligent type mode that kinda is a cross between Focus Mode in Litchi & Active Track.

An example I want to do ... I want to video a stationary object like a house / building / etc ... and keep the camera focused on that object while flying a course pass it.

I tried this with Active Track which I understand is not for stationary objects, and it kinda works.

Focus Mode in Litchi does the same thing, but you can't select an object, but a pinned location on a map if I understand it right.

Am I missing something, that is already available?

You have to select “Point of interest”

I thought POI was to circle around a specific location, not to aim at it and then travel a straight course similar to a profile type mode in active track ... where you're flying by from the profile by the camera stays fixed on the location. I know Lichi focus mode does this, but you select the focus point as a map location ... I want to make the focus point a building or object I can aim at similar to active track

Bringing this back up. Did you ever figure out what to do? I want to video a large stationary ship and I'm looking for a way to have it always in the center of the shot

A Litchi waypoint mission should work.

Only issue with that is the ship in not on Google maps. I do Litchi a lot, using Google maps and I would not have a reference point to aim for. I guess I could always pre fly it and work from there

Is that not Spotlight under the Active Track mode?

I checked and.... yes. It is Spotlight mode under Active Track

I'll have to check that out

Only issue with that is the ship in not on Google maps. I do Litchi a lot, using Google maps and I would not have a reference point to aim for. I guess I could always pre fly it and work from there
You would need to set the waypoints where the ship would be located on Google maps. Litchi does not know what is really there, it just uses the GPS coordinates.
Is that not Spotlight under the Active Track mode?...
Spotlight is a possibility but if the ship is big and the distance needed for the shot is long then it may not lock. You could try locking on a particular doorway on the ship but again distance may be a problem.

To get back on topic for the OP, Spotlight mode works well for a house-size building. Just select a central point like a doorway as a target, back away and get the height you want, then left or right on the right stick will move it on a plane parallel to the target (within tracking range).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom