DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

focus questions

Drewaz

Reactions
new to drones so I don't know much about shooting video but ... it seems a lot of videos are out of focus for the first 15 seconds or so .... not sure if it's something related to buffering on my computer or if it takes a while for the mavic to focus .....

new to drones so I don't know much about shooting video but ... it seems a lot of videos are out of focus for the first 15 seconds or so .... not sure if it's something related to buffering on my computer or if it takes a while for the mavic to focus .....

You have to focus the Mavic's camera.

You have to focus the Mavic's camera.

I thought the C1 button caused it to focus on the center point .... seems like you could focus immediately after taking off rather than waiting 30 seconds or so. Also, if you use autofocus would there be that lag?

You can focus before taking off. Also if autofocus setting is on magic will re set focus every time you stop flying. This can be annoying and spoil some shots.

I see this too, on Youtube at least, but knowing how good some of the people are who are posting the videos I'm quite sure it's a streaming thing.

I have found that if I go full screen, hit the gear icon, and then manually stick a higher resolution things always look better. Maybe it's an issue with the "auto" resolution default?

Focusing the Mavic is of course a thing that needs to be done, but I think what you're seeing is something else.

I see this too, on Youtube at least, but knowing how good some of the people are who are posting the videos I'm quite sure it's a streaming thing.

I have found that if I go full screen, hit the gear icon, and then manually stick a higher resolution things always look better. Maybe it's an issue with the "auto" resolution default?

Focusing the Mavic is of course a thing that needs to be done, but I think what you're seeing is something else.
I think you are right. the focus seems to get sharper after around 15 seconds on nearly all of the videos I have watched so I'm pretty sure it's a function of streaming.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3