DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focusing in various Intelligent Flight modes

Kelpfish

Reactions
Hey everyone,

First post. Been poking around the forums and they are very helpful. Had a few questions around focusing in Intelligent Flight Modes.

I am finding very little online regarding what focusing tactics I must be responsible for in the various Intelligent flight modes. I think a couple do it automatically and others do not. For example, in Quick Shots, say, Rocket Mode, I get the drone positioned, tap the screen to focus on main subject, then hit go. How does the Mavic remain focused on the subject as it shoots upward? Am I supposed to have the drone in AFC in that particular Intelligent mode? Same with Helix mode. I couldn't really find anything online that talked about the focusing needs of each Intelligent flight mode. I get that in modes like Circle, we focus on a subject and hit go. The depth of field alone, along with a fairly fixed distance should give me good results, but in other flight modes where drone to subject distances change, that is the info (tutorials) I am looking for. Active track in another mode I am not sure of. Does the Mavic keep refocusing on the subject it is following? Am I supposed to have the drone on AFC? Or is it all done internally (software driven for that particular mode) without pilot intervention once initial focus is conducted?

Much appreciated

Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian