DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Fog at the Golden Gate Bridge

Wherever you launched from, you lessened the chance of being mugged/robbed.
Nice capture!

And this is why I don't go to the US.

Everyone can have a gun. Obviously that is in no way connected to all the shootings and robberies at gunpoint........

Incidentally I'm not opposed to guns in themselves, I used to have a firearms certificate and kept handguns bit qe had a strong and restrictive licensing system in the UK. It seems far too easy in the US.

The camera appears to be angled slightly down to capture the shot, so a telephoto suggestion would indicate you were much higher and further away. Looking at the clarity of the photo - not too far away....
The closest places to get that shot are from the Little Marina Green Picnic area, 1.49 miles away (photo included) or at the end of Lake Street, 1.70 miles away (photo included).

VLOS?

It is a very nice photo.

Attachments

• Golden Gate.jpg
    Golden Gate.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Little Marina Green Picnic area.jpg
    Little Marina Green Picnic area.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Lake Street.jpg
    Lake Street.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I will say it's a beautiful photo but thats it. I grew up and lived many years not very far from this bridge. I'm having the same issues as Osmosis on how this shot could have been captured "legally"? The photo speaks for itsself as it appears to be capitured at an elevation higher than the top of the bridge towers and a horizontal position somewhere in close proximity to the bridge because of the clarity of the photo. If this is truely the case, the airspace restriction and the 400 foot maximum flight ceiling were both violated during the flight.

The photo does not appear to be taken from 1.50 miles away (outside the perimeter of where the airspace is closed) and I question the drone's vertical "elevation" because the perspective appears to be looking "down" at the bridge and the top of the bridge towers are approximately 750 feet above the ocean/bay. I hope the photo was obtained legally but the horizonal and vertical position at the time of capture gives me serious doubts this is the case.

I will say it's a beautiful photo but thats it. I grew up and lived many years not very far from this bridge. I'm having the same issues as Osmosis on how this shot could have been captured "legally"? The photo speaks for itsself as it appears to be capitured at an elevation higher than the top of the bridge towers and a horizontal position somewhere in close proximity to the bridge because of the clarity of the photo. If this is truely the case, the airspace restriction and the 400 foot maximum flight ceiling were both violated during the flight.

The photo does not appear to be taken from 1.50 miles away (outside the perimeter of where the airspace is closed) and I question the drone's vertical "elevation" because the perspective appears to be looking "down" at the bridge and the top of the bridge towers are approximately 750 feet above the ocean/bay. I hope the photo was obtained legally but the horizonal and vertical position at the time of capture gives me serious doubts this is the case.
Why even worry about it. That attitude is a real deterrent to folks posting images. I have many shots that look totally illegal, but in fact are very much legally done. I don't bother posting because too many jump up and down and scream...especially out of ignorance.

Why even worry about it. That attitude is a real deterrent to folks posting images. I have many shots that look totally illegal, but in fact are very much legally done. I don't bother posting because too many jump up and down and scream...especially out of ignorance.

Hmm. No sign of anyone jumping up and down and screaming here. Not much ignorance, either.

I once posted a photo I took with my DSLR from atop a hill, long before ever owning a drone, and was told that it was an illegal drone flight by many. That should've been a clue lol.

There are many factors that go into these shots, not just distance but hillsides AGL, etc that I'll often find myself creeping up, you never know what is actually behind the drone in many shots nor what they're actual distance from the subject is.

But instead of creeping in on others' shots and looking for ways to bust them, I simply enjoy them. I hate to think what we're not seeing because the local drone police have to interject on subjective perspectives and deter people from sharing.

Awesome photos!

Reactions: TheGroove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne