DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode for Mavic Air

SaskDJI

Reactions
I've done some searching and it appears as though there are two apps available that might work for what I'm hoping to do. First off Litchi, but I don't think Follow Me works with iOS (iPhone) - can someone confirm this for me? I've read that AutoPilot works well for iOS.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish, and I thought before I drop $$$ on the app, I'm hoping to see if I can do this - or get some feedback to see if anyone else has any other ideas that might work.

I'm planning on filming towed watersports from a boat. Using the Follow Me mode, I'd like to have the Mavic Air follow at a set distance from the remote (iPhone). Now, because the rider will always be a set distance from the boat (remote/iPhone) - eg; using an 80ft rope - I'd like to set it so that the MA will follow right behind the rider (say 85-90ft). But what I'm really hoping to do, is being able to control the yaw - as well as manually move the MA 'in a circle' around the boat while it maintains the set distance.

Because the rider will always be a set distance from the boat, when they cut out to the side they move in a pendulum - which I'm hoping the MA would always be fixed to this 'pendulum path' as well. This would allow me to more or less have the MA fly itself and I would just have to fly left/right to follow the rider as they cut (and yaw to keep the camera pointed at them).

Any ideas or suggestions?

I am very interested in this subject as well. I am a water skier and hope to use my MA to track some awesome sets.

*Bump*

Also, does anyone know if there’s any way to get Active Track to work going around 24mph?

I have not tried it so I can't say how well it performs but according to Litchi's help page, Follow me can do what you want including following from a set distance and full stick maneuverability while following.

1585577979861.png
Read more here

Thanks a ton for the reply Doppler. I remember looking into Litchi and couldn’t remember why it wouldn’t work for me.

I just did some searching and remember now - the Follow Me only works on the Android app - and unfortunately I’m an iPhone guy and don’t have access to an Android device.

I do see that the max speed is 16.7m/s (37mph) - which is exciting - as that would be fast enough to keep up with us.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22