DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me mode not allowing certain subjects?

BoostDeuce

Reactions
Hi There,

I've got a Mavic Air 2 that i'm trying to use for videos of campers being pulled (i'm at an RV Dealership) as well as using for videos when i go snowmobiling. However, it doesn't seem to let me lock on to a camper or a snowmobile... And when it sees me (the person) and i stand on the snowmobile, it loses track of me.

Am i doing something wrong, or is there a different way to maybe get it to follow the controller instead of a subject? Or maybe i'm just trying to do something that is not possible to do?

Attached a screenshot of the error i get when i select a camper. I of course hook the camper to my vehicle and i can follow the TRUCK, but i want the trailer i'm pulling to be the star here. And this is the same error i get when trying to track myself on a snowmobile

Any help is appreciated. Maybe i'm trying to do something that this drone just won't do

Attachments

• IMG_1317.PNG
    IMG_1317.PNG
    4.5 MB · Views: 38
This is a long shot but you might be better to face the Tracking at the front of the Mobile Unit , you may be able to Fake out the Tracking that it is a car maybe. Worth a try / or the top of the unit. Or build a snowman ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on water.

Hi There,

I've got a Mavic Air 2 that i'm trying to use for videos of campers being pulled (i'm at an RV Dealership) as well as using for videos when i go snowmobiling. However, it doesn't seem to let me lock on to a camper or a snowmobile... And when it sees me (the person) and i stand on the snowmobile, it loses track of me.

Am i doing something wrong, or is there a different way to maybe get it to follow the controller instead of a subject? Or maybe i'm just trying to do something that is not possible to do?

Attached a screenshot of the error i get when i select a camper. I of course hook the camper to my vehicle and i can follow the TRUCK, but i want the trailer i'm pulling to be the star here. And this is the same error i get when trying to track myself on a snowmobile

Any help is appreciated. Maybe i'm trying to do something that this drone just won't do

You’re asking it to track an object it doesn’t support. I don’t know if there is a workaround but the function seems to be working as designed, it just isn’t designed for rvs or snowmobiles. If you’re able to wear bright clothing on the snowmobile that is distinct from the machine, you might be able to keep the tracking on you but as far as the RV you may be out of luck.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I've had my Air2 tell me that it only supports vehicles and humans when I've had myself boxed ?? I'm thinking that lighting and contrast was the cause, however my Mavic Air 1 has no problems in the very same conditions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore