DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me mode questions

Follow me follows the position of the GPS in the mobile device connected to your controller. It doesn't change altitude unless you manually change it.

Reactions: Dragonfly
Follow me follows the position of the GPS in the mobile device connected to your controller. It doesn't change altitude unless you manually change it.
Thanks for the reply... just to clarify:
I intend to use follow me mode to walk down to our river which is downhill from the take off point. I will be walking under some light tree canopy for some of the walk. The top of the canopy seems to be below or level with the take off point, am I right in assuming then that the mavic will maintain the height above the take off point?
Cheers.

Thanks for the reply... just to clarify:
I intend to use follow me mode to walk down to our river which is downhill from the take off point. I will be walking under some light tree canopy for some of the walk. The top of the canopy seems to be below or level with the take off point, am I right in assuming then that the mavic will maintain the height above the take off point?
Cheers.
Yes it will stay at same altitude that it is at when you apply the follow me mode and stay at that till you change it. You can manually change altitude while in follow me mode just by using the stick on controller up/down.

Dji go 4 app is just some useless crap, its actually ******** and way too conservative. Dji makes it too safe for users to prevent from crashing. I live in Norway...please tell me where it can follow without being able to change altitude?. I use Litchi and it follows like a champ and keeps whatever distance/height i want relative to me with no issues. I have used it many times and several hours in total. Even in night and freezing temperatures.

Also i can use the app without having to connect to the aircraft. With that i mean i can go through all the automatic mode settings and get familiar and plan shots in my head wherever i am.

Example from night:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb