DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me mode?

Vzr1

Reactions
Hi guys just bought a mavic mini, does it have follow me mode ? I can’t see it anywhere on screen , but on you tube a guy is using it but the app looks different to mine. I’m using the DJI fly app. Surely it must have it somewhere ?

Great ! Turns out it doesnt have it. I just sold a phantom 3 standard that does it for a mavic mini that doesn’t do it Doooooh!

There are several 3rd party apps that have various methods of "Follow Me" for the Mini (not the Mini2).
In my opinion, the method that works the best, are those that "Follow" your mobile device's GPS (cell phone) rather than trying to use the video image to follow you. Check out Litchi, Maven, etc. Some are iOS and/or Android and some are adding features but are in beta. Definitely worth doing some research on.

Reactions: Vzr1 and MA2 317
There are several 3rd party apps that have various methods of "Follow Me" for the Mini (not the Mini2).
In my opinion, the method that works the best, are those that "Follow" your mobile device's GPS (cell phone) rather than trying to use the video image to follow you. Check out Litchi, Maven, etc. Some are iOS and/or Android and some are adding features but are in beta. Definitely worth doing some research on.

So an app can get you follow me mode even though the owners manual for a mavic mini doesn’t mention follow me mode?

Try Googling - Mavic Mini Follow Mode and/or Waypoints. In addition to lots of info on 3rd party apps, you'll probably find the YouTube video that first made you aware of the Mini's capability to Follow. Those apps take the Mini to a whole different level than DJI Fly.

Reactions: Vzr1
So an app can get you follow me mode even though the owners manual for a mavic mini doesn’t mention follow me mode?
Yea that’s correct. Lots of other features too. Litchi is basically a must have for all DJI drone owners that have drones that support it. Adds lots of stuff the Fly app doesn’t.

Reactions: Vzr1
Yea that’s correct. Lots of other features too. Litchi is basically a must have for all DJI drone owners that have drones that support it. Adds lots of stuff the Fly app doesn’t.

I’ll give litchi a crack ….

Just looked at another app and they want money [emoji33]

Then found this

e84ae838d97d217ba3eb51688828bbc8.jpg

Dam litchi not free either
Was my thought exactly, then I bit the bullet and bought Litchi, thinking it cost less than an extra battery for the Mini, ended up buying two extra batteries since I was having so much fun with the new features Litchi offers for the Mini.
Mini now does panoramas, waypoint missions and plenty more. Should you go the Litchi route, enable 'beta tester' mode, lots of fun to be had and a simple easy to understand interface.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec