DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me without controller?

Scottalmas

Reactions
Does anyone know if you can use Litchi to have a Mavic Air 1 follow a subject without a distance limitation if you are controlling the MA1 with you mobile phone rather than a controller? I refuse to get rid of my MA1 because it's my only drone that allows me to leave my RC at home for true portability. DJI Go 4 allows Active Track without an RC but there is a distance limitation for only one mission/video shoot. I don't know why it never occurred to me to try Follow with Litchi and just my phone.

Any thoughts on this would be great.

Interestingly, I tried to use Litchi with my Air 1 today to Follow and got a message to the effect that the feature is not supported for the drone. I wonder if they've dropped support of older models?

Interestingly, I tried to use Litchi with my Air 1 today to Follow and got a message to the effect that the feature is not supported for the drone. I wonder if they've dropped support of older models?
It's been a while but I'm currently revisiting this and yes, as per the link posted above, GPS Follow Me does not work if the Air 1 is not connected to the RC sadly. Active Track works though and there is no distance limitation unlike on the DJI app but it will only follow from behind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke