DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Footage of Alligators in this State Park!

Gators, sharks and cockroaches. 3 critters you wont catch me messing with! but wow awesome dinosaurs

Reactions: ssjon7
Pretty cool, love me some gator vids.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: ssjon7
Isn't it illegal to fly in state parks? Or does that depend on the state?

Isn't it illegal to fly in state parks? Or does that depend on the state?

I got a permit from the park at the office to fly that day. However, it just depends on the park and what the park office says. I've gotten turned down at some parks, some said no problem, and some require a permit. Drones ARE banned in National Parks though.

Reactions: HowSR
Did you call in advance, or just talk to the staff at the front office on the day you showed up? There is a few parks in NY State that I'd love to fly in. Just wondering what you did, and whom you actually contacted.

Did you call in advance, or just talk to the staff at the front office on the day you showed up? There is a few parks in NY State that I'd love to fly in. Just wondering what you did, and whom you actually contacted.

I called the day before and they got a ranger on the phone and told me that as long as I got a permit from them at the park office, I could. (They want a copy of your license and FAA #) The permit was good for the day but I had only 30 minutes before we had to head out. Wish I had had more time!

Reactions: Skippy905
I called the day before and they got a ranger on the phone and told me that as long as I got a permit from them at the park office, I could. (They want a copy of your license and FAA #) The permit was good for the day but I had only 30 minutes before we had to head out. Wish I had had more time!

I wish more state (and local) parks would follow this reasonable approach. It keeps the crazies out and allows the responsible people to enjoy the hobby

Reactions: aesculus and ssjon7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661