DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Football Film

SKY808

Reactions
Hi all

I have recently finished a 1hr 30m film chronicling the 3 successes at Wembley (FA Vase) in the 1970s for my local team Billericay Town FC - there are lots to assets find under the #VASE40 hashtag if you are interested.

Anyhow - I used my Mavic Pro drone for an effective opening sequence (see about about a 1m 31s).

Like an idiot I assumed all my three batteries were full, but I had to fly the drone on 'vapour' on day as I miscalculated their condition. At one point I could not turn off the sulky drone as the auto-home (had gone into this because of battery low) was initiated and it hovered above the ground but I couldn't force land it - it was having none of it. I thought I'd turn the tables on it - and turn it off by holding the button in for a few seconds, but during deftly gripping the drone without touching the spinning blades.......I touched the spinning blades with a stay index finger for a split second resulting in a small cut that I ignored whilst video interviewing the players all of the day. That cut would not heal as I think it pulverised the finger tissue too. It kept healing over and re-splitting. Almost a year on the finger's finally healed. Be warned!

Here's the film - enjoy:

BTFC FA VASE FILM - Click

Please let me know your feedback - its my first full length film :)

Reactions: MikeJ

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahim49