DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For all the Air 2 s doubters .....

Certainly impressive, but the physical stability of the drone is nuts in that wind, something that I would never do with any drone. Having the software and gimbal compensate for the physical instability does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about flying in windy conditions. Watching that A2S that I returned just made me nervous about how it was getting thrown around in moderate breezes compared to the M2P. Since I fly a distance away sometimes over rivers with lots of trees/branches, having a good gust come down the river channel and blow me up into an overhanging branch then crashing into the water is too much for me (even though the smooth video of river diving would be great!).
I agree, but I just can't figure out how to get "comfortable" with my M2P over water or high trees. I could NEVER do what this guy did in the video. Just too much money that might be lost. And yes, I have the DJI Refresh on my drone, but you have to recover it to get some money or drone back. Can't do that if it lands in the water, or gets hung up in a 100 foot tree.

Well worth a watch if you are sat on the fence...

Certainly impressive, but the physical stability of the drone is nuts in that wind, something that I would never do with any drone. Having the software and gimbal compensate for the physical instability does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about flying in windy conditions. Watching that A2S that I returned just made me nervous about how it was getting thrown around in moderate breezes compared to the M2P. Since I fly a distance away sometimes over rivers with lots of trees/branches, having a good gust come down the river channel and blow me up into an overhanging branch then crashing into the water is too much for me (even though the smooth video of river diving would be great!).

Deep six.

I agree, but I just can't figure out how to get "comfortable" with my M2P over water or high trees. I could NEVER do what this guy did in the video. Just too much money that might be lost. And yes, I have the DJI Refresh on my drone, but you have to recover it to get some money or drone back. Can't do that if it lands in the water, or gets hung up in a 100 foot tree.
Check out State Farm personal property insurance. Coverage includes lost drone. I have that for all of my drones (as well as Refresh/refresh+) for only $60/year. haven’t had to use it yet, but lot of success stories on the web.

Reactions: DBT_Drone
I really haven't noticed my air2s getting blown around in high winds. I go to beaches and fly over water often. Even with serious wind gusts, the Air2S maintained it's positioning. Sorry you had a different experience with it. Anyway, I sold my M2P like the guy in the video did. The Images and video I get appear to be equal or better than the m2p. It's amazing at night.

I also like the smaller form factor. Less people notice it or complain about it because it's fairly small, thus people don't think it's a concern to their privacy. The larger louder drones seem to make the public more nervous regarding their privacy. Not being noticed is good, because whenever someone calls police, the police always insist you stop flying the drone regardless. They just don't seem to care that your flying legally. I leave, because the police can simply say your violating a nuisance law, if they wanted to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78