DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For Android Tablet users only!

charliej

Reactions
I have searched and looked but still can not find a definitive answer as to he best 8/9 inch screen android TABLET to use with my Mavic Pro. If I look at the Phantomhelp site there are virtually no Android tablets shown (with green dots) - lots of phones. All my kit is Samsung but quite happy to use another brand. Neither of my older tablets are powerful enough.
HELP there must be people using Android and not just the IPad Mini 2!
PS I do not have an unlimited budget!

It's not 8 or 9 inch, but I'm using the Galaxy S5e and love it. It's 10.5". If you really want some power, get the new S6 which is basically the S5e on steroids. Although I can't say for sure that the S6 will work with the app, I assume it would.

Reactions: KennyJr
I also use the Galaxy S5e and haven't had any problems running either DJI Go or Litchi. The tablet is fast enough that there is almost zero video lag.

I used a 10” Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 it was pretty good but the little arrow showing drone orientation was a bit random, ended up I bit the bullet & got a used iPad.

Reactions: GlenM
I have searched and looked but still can not find a definitive answer as to he best 8/9 inch screen android TABLET to use with my Mavic Pro. If I look at the Phantomhelp site there are virtually no Android tablets shown (with green dots) - lots of phones. All my kit is Samsung but quite happy to use another brand. Neither of my older tablets are powerful enough.
I got a voyo 11 inch tablet, 4gb ram for under 250 and it works amazing

Reactions: charliej
Like you, I'm looking for an 8" Android tablet so it fits in the legs of the controller. Unfortunately all the ones out there are too big or light on RAM.

There aren't many 8in Android tablets that fit within the arms of the Mavic remote and in general most of the Android tablets seem to be aimed at the low end budget segment. The best 8in Android tablet I could find was the Xiaom Mi Pad 4 which seems a good spec for the price, fits within the Mavic arms and works well with DJI Go but it not sold worldwide which means in most cases it will probably need to be bought as a grey import plus it lacks official Google support.

I tried to buy the tablet from three different vendors but each one let me down and as I went to each different vendor the price was creeping up too high for a grey import with no warranty or Google support so I went with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 which I picked up for a good price. I was wary of having to mount the tablet separately but I don't find it an issue and very pleased with the tablet both for its performance with DJI Go and as a tablet.

The green dots only signify that the device is on DJI's list of approved devices.
That's almost meaningless as DJI rarely test anything new and rarely add anything to their old list.
There are loads of great devices that DJI never tested.
Look further at the table here and you see that flyers are using many other devices: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

If you want the best 8 inch Android tablet, have a look at the Huawei M3 or M5.
They are outstanding flying tablets.

If you want the best 8 inch Android tablet, have a look at the Huawei M3 or M5.
They are outstanding flying tablets.

Unfortunately from what I recall neither will fit in the Mavic arms and irritatingly the M5 has no headphone jack which doesn't affect DJI Go performance but it's something I still find handy.

Mate i am using a Lenovo Tab3 8 plus which is pretty old in the tablet world. Cost me less than $200.00 on eBay & never lets me down

Asus Zen Pad - has a separate GPS antenna so you can use offline maps when in those remote areas.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, and have had none of the issues I read that others have. Phone is too small for my old eyes, with Tab A I can see every feature of Go4 app, the display is awesome and it is more intuitive to use than an iPad for me. I use a Mavmount mount to hold the tablet in my controller, perfect fit, excellent balance, extremely well made, outstanding customer service. Made by a professional drone pilot and well worth the price. Here's a link MAVMOUNT

Unfortunately from what I recall neither will fit in the Mavic arms and irritatingly the M5 has no headphone jack which doesn't affect DJI Go performance but it's something I still find handy.
I am not worried about not fitting the controller arms. I will get a 'holder'. But thanks for the warning about the M5.

I've been using an 8" Samsung Galaxy S2 for nigh-on 3 years now which fits nicely into the drone's arms if I want the facility to let interested bystanders look over my shoulder at the tablet's aerial view from my MP (as I did for a park ranger at a game lodge and another inquisitive person whilst flying near the Indian Ocean coast during a recent trip to South Africa). Otherwise I prefer my Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses (less of a problem with glare from the sun washing out the picture's transmission, which can only be reduced on my tablet's screen by fitting a sunshade and the wearing of dark, coloured clothing to reduce possible reflections onto the tablet's screen).

I have used a 10" Lenovo Tab4 with a holder on my Mavic Air and now a Mavic Pro. It works great on both. I have the 2+32 GB hard drive. I paid 200 from it would sell it for 150.00 interested?? I have only used it about 5 months!!!

I have used a 10" Lenovo Tab4 with a holder on my Mavic Air and now a Mavic Pro. It works great on both. I have the 2+32 GB hard drive. I paid 200 from it would sell it for 150.00 interested?? I have only used it about 5 months!!!
10" a bit big for me. But thanks. Also in the UK!

I've been using an 8" Samsung Galaxy S2 for nigh-on 3 years now which fits nicely into the drone's arms if I want the facility to let interested bystanders look over my shoulder at the tablet's aerial view from my MP (as I did for a park ranger at a game lodge and another inquisitive person whilst flying near the Indian Ocean coast during a recent trip to South Africa). Otherwise I prefer my Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses (less of a problem with glare from the sun washing out the picture's transmission, which can only be reduced on my tablet's screen by fitting a sunshade and the wearing of dark, coloured clothing to reduce possible reflections onto the tablet's screen).
Look fabulous but thrice the price of a large screen tablet!

I have used a Galaxy S5e on a few ocassions with excellent results.
The only problem is when you want to move around.
Its a bit cumbersome to be juggling the RC and hanging onto the Tablet at the same time.
Much prefer using my Galaxy S8

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J