DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For Android Tablet users only!

I use this tablet mount:

Works well, tablet is above my wrists, and a simple tilt allows me to see the controller screen.

Bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 16 GB from Best Buy yesterday for $179. Wanted an 8" but the reviews said the 10 was so much better (speed, display). Flew in the sun today and very happy. Wife can have uninterrupted phone service now. I'd been using her phone.

A shout out to my Swedish buddy, bigger IS better! How's my punctuation?

Reactions: Brian Byrne
New pilot here.
I searched high and low for a 8" tablet would work with mavic pro and this is what i bought.
Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 16GB, Wi-Fi + 4G (Unlocked), 8in - Slate Black
It works very well and has the 2.0ghz 8 core vs the wifi only tab4 with 1.7ghz 4core
No stutters or glitches so far, The screen looks good bright conditions, I am only using this tablet
as dedicated device to mavic pro.
i Did put a 32GB class10 u3 sd card in and made default write to that. No 4G sim installed so far.
Very happy and it was $120 new sealed on ebay.

Reactions: Alainbasstard
The best 8" Android tablet is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. It is what I use and never a problem. I got mine for $100 off of Craigslist.

Good Luck!

I also use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019), with external Polarpro support ... No problem even using two applications at once: DJI Go 4 and a screen recorder ...
The only downsides are ... the reflections on the screen (but it is common to almost all tablets, including Ipad mini) and that in Android, DJI Go 4 works at 80% than in IOS ... One of the functions that more is missing (and that in IOS does exist ..) is the power off of the power bank function of the remote control .. So if you use Android ... Your RC remote will have .. obligatorily ... a life less than using IOS ... I hope DJI will someday solve these differences ...

I also use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019), with external Polarpro support ... No problem even using two applications at once: DJI Go 4 and a screen recorder ...
The only downsides are ... the reflections on the screen (but it is common to almost all tablets, including Ipad mini) and that in Android, DJI Go 4 works at 80% than in IOS ... One of the functions that more is missing (and that in IOS does exist ..) is the power off of the power bank function of the remote control .. So if you use Android ... Your RC remote will have .. obligatorily ... a life less than using IOS ... I hope DJI will someday solve these differences ...

Dude, I put a Matte finish screen protector on Tab 4, ( $12 ) it is a lot better, now!!

Unfortunately from what I recall neither will fit in the Mavic arms and irritatingly the M5 has no headphone jack which doesn't affect DJI Go performance but it's something I still find handy.
I have a Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite - and I can assure you, it most definitely has a headset (stereo bayonet type) socket! Otherwise my wife would kill me when I watch movies in bed!

And - there are loads of adapters around that will allow you to mount a tablet in the arms of a Mavic controller e.g.:

I have a Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite - and I can assure you, it most definitely has a headset (stereo bayonet type) socket!
But the M5 (not lite) only has a USB-C socket.
But you can still use regular headphones with an adapter.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I use the Huawei M5 8.4 with my Mavic pro, very slight mod to the arms to allow them to swing up another couple of mm means the M5 is a perfect size and perfect fit.

I use a USB C adaptor that allows me to plug-in standard headphones and continue charging if I want, was around £7 off Amazon.

Love the M5, the 2K screen is just stunning clarity, and good in bright sunlight..... Just not CS good :)

If the mavic pro is all you are flying a Nvidia Sheild K1 works good. Won't run the fly app though.
Lenovo tab 4 or 4 plus should run both Go4 and fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78