DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For Sale - $1000 Mavic Pro Paperweight

Antiquated? I beg to differ. Anything a Mavic can do, a Phantom can do better; photography, stability in wind, etc.

The Only thing a Mavic is better than a Phantom is portability. No a Phantom can't be packed up and shoved in your pocket to carry anywhere.

But u can bet that it will fly when u get there.
I was referring specifically to Phantom 3. The computer is too old for these kinds of updates most likely. The Phantom 4 however isn't. Not trying to insult your beloved bird. As Schwarzenegger said in Terminator 5, "Old, but not obsolete."

HFMan. Correction. I am showing exactly what u show on the map but when I go to the fly screen, I have a red bar across the top and I get a red triangle for NFZ if I go for additional details

I think it will show red until it can detect that you have Internet... once it detects that, it should allow you to authenticate via the internet. I experienced this today when I went to actually test this theory. If my tablet had internet disabled (at the flying site) the yellow area showed red. About two minutes after I enabled the internet, it turned yellow and asked me to authenticate with either a credit card or a phone number. I did so, and I got a token back via Text Message, which I entered into the app. Done, allowed me to fly.

Reactions: sar104
I think it will show red until it can detect that you have Internet... once it detects that, it should allow you to authenticate via the internet. I experienced this today when I went to actually test this theory. If my tablet had internet disabled (at the flying site) the yellow area showed red. About two minutes after I enabled the internet, it turned yellow and asked me to authenticate with either a credit card or a phone number. I did so, and I got a token back via Text Message, which I entered into the app. Done, allowed me to fly.
How much did it charge you to do this?

There is no charge.
The phone number or credit card is used to verify identity.

If DJI wants to "save you from yourself" then they should do a better job. For example I give you two airfields in my vicinity. The first has at best 4-6 small planes landing/taking off there per MONTH, has NFZ. The second is a big international airport with airliners landing/t.o. hourly, has NO NFZ (what I think happened is Dji noticed there is a NFZ in that city and didn't look what it was and mistakenly presumed its the airport, but its a soccer stadium). Great job DJI.
For those interested what does airfields are, here are there ICAO codes: the first one is LRCS and the second is LRTR.
Oh yeah, and there is no GEO unlocking available in Romania.

Antiquated? I beg to differ. Anything a Mavic can do, a Phantom can do better; photography, stability in wind, etc.

The Only thing a Mavic is better than a Phantom is portability. No a Phantom can't be packed up and shoved in your pocket to carry anywhere.

Sure if you want to buy a P4Pro but your 3 is not sold anymore. The 3 is now the 500 dollar base drone.

Sure if you want to buy a P4Pro but your 3 is not sold anymore. The 3 is now the 500 dollar base drone.

That's so cool! Why would I want to go P4 when my P3 delivers awesome 4K video without Geo Fencing or Firmware upgrades every other hour, and still works like a charm. It even takes awesome video footage of my $1000 Mavic setting on the ground ....... unable to fly. I don't care if my P3 Pro is no longer supported by DJI. To me that's a plus !!!

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
That's so cool! Why would I want to go P4 when my P3 delivers awesome 4K video without Geo Fencing or Firmware upgrades every other hour, and still works like a charm. It even takes awesome video footage of my $1000 Mavic setting on the ground ....... unable to fly. I don't care if my P3 Pro is no longer supported by DJI. To me that's a plus !!!
Don't be a child. His reference to antiquated was correct. DJI no longer supports your amazing P3 it's like Apple no longer supporting your iPhone 4. Or Verizon no longer sending updates to you S6, same thing. You started this thread by typing like kid and you continue to act like one, if you want help you'll have to act like it.

Might be, but try and buy a battery 6 months down the line. I have a PH3 as well, BUT to be honest the mavic flies in everything the PH3 can. I film MTB events for television and fly my mavic in the rain quite a bit. I have flown the mavic in winds around 18 to 20 knots and yes while it did eat the battery and I only got 12 Min of footage, it handles the wind no prob. Love my mavic. PH3 shoots a good picture but how long the bits will be around to keep operating the craft at optimal level remains to be seen. But then again 3 years from now the mavic will probably be in the same boat. But just a question, have u updated ur Mavic recently. Mine is on the initial flight software it came with 2 version back. I fly with Lichi almost exclusively because I use the Healthydrones data base which to me is a million times better than DJI version. Gives u data you can use on ur entire craft. Anyway the point is this.... I live in a small town in South Africa. We have a fairly big airport about 6 miles from where I live. Problem is it's dead centre of town. So effectively the entire town is a NFZ. Many of the guys in my area are struggling with the same issue. Yet I get to take off and fly no prob. Perhaps try Lichi, I have moved away from Go4. Anyway... Just my pennies worth

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz
Don't be a child. His reference to antiquated was correct. DJI no longer supports your amazing P3 it's like Apple no longer supporting your iPhone 4. Or Verizon no longer sending updates to you S6, same thing. You started this thread by typing like kid and you continue to act like one, if you want help you'll have to act like it.

Sorry ....... Dad. But given your ID, I really don't think I was ever really seeking your help. Seems u have much bigger problems

If DJI wants to "save you from yourself" then they should do a better job. For example I give you two airfields in my vicinity. The first has at best 4-6 small planes landing/taking off there per MONTH, has NFZ. The second is a big international airport with airliners landing/t.o. hourly, has NO NFZ (what I think happened is Dji noticed there is a NFZ in that city and didn't look what it was and mistakenly presumed its the airport, but its a soccer stadium). Great job DJI.

There are definitely NFZ's around stadiums and other larger venues as well. Some may be permanent but others i know from experience can be TFR's.

Greetings from Cedar Key Florida! On vacation for a beautiful weekend getaway to a place unknown to most. Google it. Once again I take my Mavic along hoping to get some beautiful aerial footage but ...... nooooooo! You ain't taking off Bubba. You are in a NFZ. Not one of those, hey there is a runway in the area, so be responsible and check the box saying u will, then b on your way type things. One of those red, you aren't taking off no matter what type warnings. Because u r in the vicinity of an airstrip that on a good day may see 6-12 small aircraft landings. There is more business on most grass strips. There isn't even a building on a hangar that are part of this strip. Bottom line, everyone knows it's there and takes precautions. Except for those attempting to fly a Mavic. Once again I smartly brought my Pro 3 along, fired it up with no problems and flew. I'm not the smartest guy on the block but I've been flying drones for years responsibly; Vision 2+, Pro 3, and now the Mavic. Well not really the Mavic cause most places I can't fly because I'm either in a NFZ or I can't fly until I update to the 75th and latest firmware that takes a half a day to download and install. I bought it on a whim. Was totally satisfied with the Pro 3 that BTW I've done 1" software upgrade in a year and a half. If anyone has any great ideas, please pass along. Otherwise, I'm cutting my losses with this rock. Currently my app is 4.1.2, the drone is Ver 1.03.0800, and the DB is Ver 1.00.01.04

Coptersafe. It will fix all of your problems.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
Greetings from Cedar Key Florida! On vacation for a beautiful weekend getaway to a place unknown to most. Google it. Once again I take my Mavic along hoping to get some beautiful aerial footage but ...... nooooooo! You ain't taking off Bubba. You are in a NFZ. Not one of those, hey there is a runway in the area, so be responsible and check the box saying u will, then b on your way type things. One of those red, you aren't taking off no matter what type warnings. Because u r in the vicinity of an airstrip that on a good day may see 6-12 small aircraft landings. There is more business on most grass strips. There isn't even a building on a hangar that are part of this strip. Bottom line, everyone knows it's there and takes precautions. Except for those attempting to fly a Mavic. Once again I smartly brought my Pro 3 along, fired it up with no problems and flew. I'm not the smartest guy on the block but I've been flying drones for years responsibly; Vision 2+, Pro 3, and now the Mavic. Well not really the Mavic cause most places I can't fly because I'm either in a NFZ or I can't fly until I update to the 75th and latest firmware that takes a half a day to download and install. I bought it on a whim. Was totally satisfied with the Pro 3 that BTW I've done 1" software upgrade in a year and a half. If anyone has any great ideas, please pass along. Otherwise, I'm cutting my losses with this rock. Currently my app is 4.1.2, the drone is Ver 1.03.0800, and the DB is Ver 1.00.01.04
Just update the dame thing. What's the problem? Updates are a good thing.

Just update the dame thing. What's the problem? Updates are a good thing.
Not always. Historically (5yrs) with dji products, do the first 2 or updates and then cease. All updates after this usually hinder the product.

Great comeback Potsy. Why don't u change you handle to either "Novalueadded" or better yet "Sheepster"

FYI if anyone would like to look up information about an airport you are flying near there is a website that will give all the stats for US airports such as how many and what type aircraft are based there also number of operation per week etc. Airnav.com. Cedar key ident is KCDK and shows 2 aircraft based there and 77 ops per week. I live on a residential airport in Nevada (3L2) that is in class g airspace and have 900 firmware and have no problem flying from home.

Tazerdog, your so right, I feel the same way. I've considered calling it a day, maybe getting a Phantom. I'm getting bored of constant problems.

I'm spending more time sorting out bugs than actually flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky