DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For testing purposes only

Nikonian

Reactions
I am an enthusiastic travel photographer and run a photo website with pictures of our trips. To expand my photographic perspectives for our summer trip to South America, I bought my first drone in February - the Mavic Air. Despite the drone's video capabilities, I am mainly interested in aerial photos and spherical panoramas that I would like to publish on my jAlbum-website, which was originally designed only for the presentation of static images.

To prepare myself for the technical side, I took some test shots in my home environment and developed a workflow to integrate the photos into the existing website. Perhaps of interest for others: With a little practice and testing it was relatively easy to adapt a JAVA player to the design of the website, as the following examples show: panotest_01-08

You can reach each of the 8 examples via navigation bar or cursors left/right. Sorry for the german language of the site, but what counts is the presentation of the pictures!
With these results I look forward to our vacation with excitement ;-)

Those are very cool!

What app did you use to shoot the pano? Using DJIGO and a Mavic Pro always blows the sky out on mine.

I did it with DJIs GO 4 app and of course there was most of the sky missing too. The trick is to fake the sky with Photoshop.
In short, my workflow is as follows:
1. Develop the 25 DNG in Photoshops Camera Raw (with a little presharpening) and save them as TIFs. This is because my stitching program don't like the original DNGs.
2. Open the TIFs in the highly recommended and affordable PanoramaStudio Pro 3. After few steps your result looks like the first picture in the following PS-workflow:

sky_workflow.jpg

I apologize for any inaccurate translations, but my Photoshop speaks only German. I hope the process is clear anyway. The final editing and refinement process takes place in Photoshop also, before the image is transferred to the Panorama Player.

Reactions: Discobob
Nice one. Thank you very much for taking the time to make that tutorial. It is most appreciated. The translation is excellent too.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to try it this weekend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_