DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those interested, Osmo Pocket 3

SmilingOgre

Reactions
Not a review, just a plug for a very nice camera system. Got the Pocket 3 a bit ago and have been playing around with it a lot. No interesting footage to share just tests. For those who like the use a pocket in conjunction with drone footage, this is a very nice little unit. Head and shoulders above the Pocket 2 especially if you enjoy doing some light color grading. The 4:2:0 10 bit DlogM has a decent dynamic range and a very nice color science. The unit does surprisingly well in low light. Very stable gimble as one would expect and decent tracking especially on human faces. I purchased the creator combo and with the extra battery attachment the unit has impressive battery life. Recognizes a 256Gb mini card providing over six hours of recording time in the best quality settings. The wireless microphone is pretty nice as well if used as a personal microphone. Not as good as a Rode Go II but not far behind. This is now my "get the shot" camera that I keep on me. I'm very impressed with it. My two cents.

Reactions: jaja6009
I grabbed one too, also went with the creator combo.
It is a very interesting kit and like you said, supplements drone footage well.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Waiting (patiently) for them to be in-stock at B&H so I can avoid my 8.5% sales tax.

Not a review, just a plug for a very nice camera system. Got the Pocket 3 a bit ago and have been playing around with it a lot. No interesting footage to share just tests. For those who like the use a pocket in conjunction with drone footage, this is a very nice little unit. Head and shoulders above the Pocket 2 especially if you enjoy doing some light color grading. The 4:2:0 10 bit DlogM has a decent dynamic range and a very nice color science. The unit does surprisingly well in low light. Very stable gimble as one would expect and decent tracking especially on human faces. I purchased the creator combo and with the extra battery attachment the unit has impressive battery life. Recognizes a 256Gb mini card providing over six hours of recording time in the best quality settings. The wireless microphone is pretty nice as well if used as a personal microphone. Not as good as a Rode Go II but not far behind. This is now my "get the shot" camera that I keep on me. I'm very impressed with it. My two cents.
Hi Ogre:

I have the original Pocket. I rarely use it because of the small screen and my aging eyes (presbyopia). I need reading glasses to use it and although I took it with me to my Middle East trip (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, etc.) I never used it because of that reason.I find using the larger screen iPhone with the Osmo Mobile better.

Any reason you can give me to upgrade to the Pocket 3?
Dale
Miami

Hi Ogre:

I have the original Pocket. I rarely use it because of the small screen and my aging eyes (presbyopia). I need reading glasses to use it and although I took it with me to my Middle East trip (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, etc.) I never used it because of that reason.I find using the larger screen iPhone with the Osmo Mobile better.

Dale
Miami
I think you would like the image produced much better than either a phone or an older Osmo. The elephant in the room however is the screen size. The 2" screen on the Osmo 3 made a world of difference for me but obviously, I don't know if that would be large enough for your eyes. I wish I knew a way you could try one to see if the screen is large enough or not but I can't think of any place to do that.

Waiting (patiently) for them to be in-stock at B&H so I can avoid my 8.5% sales tax.
That's significant for sure. DJI thinks it's a big deal to give 10% and your sales tax is almost there.

Hi Ogre:

Dale
Miami
I’ll try my Apple Store they used to see DJI products

I’ll try my Apple Store they used to see DJI products
Watched the DJI and other You Tube videos. It really looks great and that screen would be much improved for me! First I'd have to sell the Osmo Pocket 1 ?$100).

I grabbed one too, also went with the creator combo.
It is a very interesting kit and like you said, supplements drone footage well.
I really think it is a winner. Getting some impressive footage and like it more the more I use it.

Watched the DJI and other You Tube videos. It really looks great and that screen would be much improved for me! First I'd have to sell the Osmo Pocket 1 ?$100).
They are going for over $100 with a quick search so I would imagine $100 would be a quick sale. The screen is perfect for me. Keeps the size of the unit down in the pocket and flips to horizontal for shooting. I set mine to turn on and off with the flip as I don't shoot vertical video. Min focal distance is very short too. Great for getting the cat in my lap, lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne