DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced GO 4 update in a week?

I believe so, no problem as long as you have cell service but what if you don't????

Can someone tell EXACTLY (and refer the source of the info), after the first flight on the new firmware, when is it going to insist on either going on-line or crippling the bird? The changee log log kinda implies "you have to be logged in or else...", and thats it!

I just allowed my setup to have wifi access for the 1st time since the day the email was sent out. I noticed the GO4 app didn't waste anytime communicating with dji's server. I then went out to fly and I always 1st power the tablet, GO4 app, R/C, and A/C. When I powered the A/C it displayed the box informing me what will take place the next time I update to a current firmware. Which included the distance and altitude restriction if the dji website login did not take place. However, the last part I did not remember seeing before which mentioned if I agree with the current rule(or whatever they refer to it as) that I could return to older firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 program. i connected my A/C to my pc to see if and what older firmware they might be referring to in the Assistant 2. The oldest firmware I saw was v.550.

So is this rollback option something new, or has it always been part of the required message?

They don't make it clear if this will enforce updating to latest firmware and app - or be so restricted as to make it almost unusable.
Howls of protest will ensue.
With good reason, it seems like you don't really own your Mavic if they can control and modify it like this.
You mean like this I just got ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170701-142441.png
    Screenshot_20170701-142441.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 33
You mean like this I just got ?
Indeed. Trying to fly my Mavic yesterday I discovered that I had the 30m max alt, 50m max distance restriction. I tried signing out and signing in again to the DJI account, downloading the NFZ data base (again), but nothing worked.
Only solution was to uninstall DJI Go 4 and install the 4.1.3 version (Android). Upside seems to be that the app no longer pesters you about the NFZ Data Base update.

Indeed. Trying to fly my Mavic yesterday I discovered that I had the 30m max alt, 50m max distance restriction. I tried signing out and signing in again to the DJI account, downloading the NFZ data base (again), but nothing worked.
Only solution was to uninstall DJI Go 4 and install the 4.1.3 version (Android). Upside seems to be that the app no longer pesters you about the NFZ Data Base update.

The real question is what changes where so important they felt the need to force update?
Just saying "Bugs fix" is more of an insult, then being helpful.

Reactions: Blades
The real question is what changes where so important they felt the need to force update?
Just saying "Bugs fix" is more of an insult, then being helpful.
Yes your right it reads only "Bugs fix" what the hell does that even mean? What bugs? I like the .700 I am on and it is working for me so why change. Are the NFZ gone or they just stop telling you? I am close to a little airstrip that has no tower and is not bus. I still can not fly in my house or back yard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure