DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced GO 4 update in a week?

OK SO for the sake of testing

ios iphone 7 plus fully updated

FW both RC and AC om 0600

App version was latest before this update

i just opened her up connected up all with an internet connection enabled (home wi fi in my back garden)

I WAS NOT FORCED TO UPDATE AND I DID A TEN MINUTE FLIGHT AND ALL FLEW AS IT HAS ALWAYS FLOWN.

I have had the email and the pop up message.

i did the usual thing i always do i just pressed the x telling me there is new FW available

At no point was i asked to update my GO 4 APP

i have updates switched to manual

so no auto updating apps

but with an internet connection i was not even asked to update

(i am just one person maybe now someone else will do the same test and then we can cover this topic and put that part to bed)

With the OLD app it will not as (I hope) no such thing is built in the app itself BUT with a new version if one would update the app in might...

With all that's going on I'm not so sure getting into this end of having a camera that flies was such a wise move. There is even a thread where the government is looking at giving police permission to shoot you for flying now.
Wow. I think you have much bigger issues than DJI messing with your Mavic.

Like escaping from North Korea.

Reactions: dorubrad
OK SO for the sake of testing

ios iphone 7 plus fully updated

FW both RC and AC om 0600

App version was latest before this update

i just opened her up connected up all with an internet connection enabled (home wi fi in my back garden)

I WAS NOT FORCED TO UPDATE AND I DID A TEN MINUTE FLIGHT AND ALL FLEW AS IT HAS ALWAYS FLOWN.

I have had the email and the pop up message.

i did the usual thing i always do i just pressed the x telling me there is new FW available

At no point was i asked to update my GO 4 APP

i have updates switched to manual

so no auto updating apps

but with an internet connection i was not even asked to update

(i am just one person maybe now someone else will do the same test and then we can cover this topic and put that part to bed)

The new app update isn't there yet.Probably the reason it isn't requesting you to update yet.
I flew 2 batteries this morning with no issues,no restrictions and no request to update.

Can we you litchi instead of dji go app?

Surprised I don't see anything about this in the first two pages of this subforum...

Got a notice when I started GO 4 this morning that there will be an update in a week, and in order to continue using my Mavic to it's full capacity, I will need to log in again to my account at DJI and do something after I take this update. Otherwise, the performance of my Mavic will be limited.

Anyone know what this is about? Hopefully, finally, some solid engineering on the Android version the works well with Nougat? Something else?

Reactions: ody360
Yes I guess you could say that. Since mine is doing everything I want it to on .400 I will not be taking this "forced" update. Im wondering if the goggles would have worked fine on older firmwares and DJI is just using "support for the goggles" as an excuse to get more users to update the firmware.
Im on 200 and the goggles work great you dont even need your phone or dji go everything you need to fly is on the goggles
They did not ask, there is a option to set profile picture ... now, that can ne anything :)

Dji website shows something now for zones and how to unlock those zone or is that old news?

Isn't this "nice"

Strange is that on the website is still same assistant and same firmware history so this means the app might do all "the magic"

f6698a7fee181d4303d74ec4f647c17f.jpg

dd69771ed0489459eb02cdbf774001bb.jpg

4ef222dc8eb96bce79e12c3775a88810.jpg

Last edited:
iOS is out also but still no new firmware I think and the text shows "...to activate CURRENT firmware and software"

7c38927c1004230e2d02f6bd744394fc.jpg

Ok, so for all ... I updated, I am on latest version (app and fw) ...

When I first started the new app it asked me to login again, after that at the top a message in blue showed that stated that I am on the latest version and I will not show me the notification anymore - the rest seems as normal until now

Reactions: KiterTodd
This type of info is taken from us by many many apps not just the DJI app....

I got curious on this thread so I disabled wifi on my phone (and no data enabled), and I launched DJI GO 4 and didn't get the notice, even after several minutes.

Then I enabled wifi, and I got the upgrade warning notice less than 5 second after launching the app again.

So, disabling wifi might protect from the "restricted mode" forced by DJI?

Yono

I'm on .400 did not update app. Turned on Wi-Fi to get maps everything runs fine. Doesn't make you do anything if not wanted.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
There is no restricted mode - not yet at least but for anyone wanting to be sure they would just stick with current firmware and app

hi guys Im on android 7.0 on my phone and dji app version 4.0.5 I need to know if I enable gps to get location when I travel but I want to stay on 4.0.5 and firmware .400 if the gps load information from internet data because i want to stay where i am an be able to travel and can load maps and location where I am at the moment.

thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky