Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Forgot to record

Levoqd

Reaction score
I always forget to record or hit the record button by accident and stop recording without knowing. Any tricks?

Mossiback

Reaction score
I verify my recording status by checking the record time counter.

Doppler

Reaction score
I start recording before I take off; it is my final checklist item. I have a large enough memory card in there so I am not worried about running out of space. You can always throw away a recording if you don't want to keep it.

old man mavic

Fly safe,Fly responsibly,Fly happy
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I start recording before I take off; it is my final checklist item. I have a large enough memory card in there so I am not worried about running out of space. You can always throw away a recording if you don't want to keep it.
a man after my own heart press record focus slide the take off bar and away you go

FoxhallGH

Reaction score
Start recording before you take-off as part of the pre-take-off checks. Record everything ... Then at the end of the day, use your video editing software to make the video you want to keep.

Mossiback

Reaction score
If you start recording at take-off, make sure to check the focus at altitude.

Reactions: FoxhallGH

old man mavic

Fly safe,Fly responsibly,Fly happy
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
when you focus before take off the camera will be focused at the distance of the nearest object in its view so as you go higher things out side of that range will be blurred if you touch the screen to focus box any time during flight then you will correct this,i have chosen the left hand button on the back of the controller as my focus button saves touching the screen

Drbobk

Reaction score
Or my Inspire1 I guess. I think the problem might be that I get a warning box on my screen every time I fly (I am in Class D airspace, but have a COA and a custom unlock from DJI). But every time I fly I get a red box that warns me that my RTH route will go through a no fly area and may not work. I have to touch the screen to get rid of it, and I wonder if that also affects the focus, because I typically don’t start recording until I’m at 20 or 30 feet. I might have guessed that I was close to a tree (as I’m looking down the fairway) but even the nearby trees are not in focus. I’ll do some more testing.

Herbie D

Reaction score
Funny, I always forget to stop recording and get pictures of my butt or my face as I pick the drone up after landing.

Reactions: Doppler

Drbobk

Reaction score
I found it frustrating when using the shutter buttons on the SC that the first click of the “other” shutter button only switches the mode from video to still or vice versa , but doesn’t activate the shutter. I’ve missed some pictures this way. Live and learn.

wendyc

Reaction score
I do this too and as a newbie have missed some awesome footage I thought I was recording :( Some great ideas here thanks

Reactions: zzxrox

pftarch

Reaction score
What's strange for me is that I have been very good about remembering to start recording before take off (and I'm getting better at remembering to focus in the air), BUT, I have lost count of the times that I think I am taking a video with my iPhone, I then press the red button to stop when I'm done, and it STARTS recording. It's tough to say to your daughters 8th grade band during a concert "That sounded great, but could you please play the song again so your drummer's father can record it this time." (This has occurred at concerts and wrestling meets........)

Peter T

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulo1972