DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

forgot to remove gimbal cover - damage?

I always used to leave the cover on by default, when powering on the MM for connecting to my PC to download pics. So i've done it a ton of times. Until i discovered you're not supposed to do that.

No problems whatsoever.

This is why the use of checklists is important.

We've all been there. I took bright orange luminescent tape that came with the helipad and put it on the gimble covers of my Mavic Pro. Cannot miss both of them when I unpack it. Same for MP2 and Mavic Air.

Even with a opaque black PolarPro gimbal protector on my Zoom, it was still possible for forget with the first thought on seeing NOTHING, that the link or camera was not working and not that I left the gimbal protector on. The RIBBON really does remind me.

i have done this twice now - set up everything careful and get a warning about the gimbal as i forget to take the dam cover off. i will try to remember next time but hopefully no damage has been caused. On a mechanical perspective why is it called a 3 way gimbal - i note it can be swung up and down - but not from side to side?

it appears to move freely when the drone is not powered on. When powered on does the drone lock the gimbal in place ?(apart from allowing up and down movements)
I forget all the time on my MPP - I'm getting better, but I like the ribbon idea....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga