DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forum GUI changed? Hate it, can i get back to the old one?

Droning on and on...

Reactions
Woke up this morning and the forum layout changed to this obnoxious linear format. Did something get screwed up in my settings, or was there an update last night that updated the look and feel to some exciting (NOT!), new, easier to use (NOT!), etc.

Is there a way to get the old format back?

I use Chrome on Windows, still looks and works the same. When Chrome sometimes goes into 'simplified view' on my Android tablet things get messed up and looks different, Chrome mistaking the tablet for a phone.

same on my ipad

This is on a Galaxy Z Fold 4, normally unfolded, in portrait orientation. Here is what I'm getting now:
Screenshot_20231105_091751_Chrome.jpg

This is what I'm used to, which I can get in landscape, but that's a pain for a variety of reasons:

Screenshot_20231105_091822_Chrome.jpg

Something changed somewhere, could be chrome updated and now reports something different about the browser...

Nothing change on the FORUM side of things.

Nothing change on the FORUM side of things.

Weird then...

If anyone knows any settings or browser tricks to force that latter layout, there would be at least one grateful fellow member... 🙂

Reactions: awagner109
Weird then...

If anyone knows any settings or browser tricks to force that latter layout, there would be at least one grateful fellow member... 🙂

If using a mobile device, click the three dots on the top right for a drop down menu.

Clicking the desktop site button at the bottom changes it back and forth between the views.

Screenshot_20231105-124953.png

Thanks! I wish I didn't already know this. Tried that before posting the thread. No dice.

Chrome sends a bunch of info about the browser environment with each request. This seems to be a portrait/landscape issue. For me, for some reason, something is acting differently in portrait than yesterday regardless of which type of request (mobile or desktop).

Check with the manufacturer's help section/support. The forum's layout remains the same as it has always been. Good luck and keep us apprised.

If I figure it out, I will post back what solution was, might help someone else.

Reactions: BigAl07
Woke up this morning and the forum layout changed to this obnoxious linear format. Did something get screwed up in my settings, or was there an update last night that updated the look and feel to some exciting (NOT!), new, easier to use (NOT!), etc.

Is there a way to get the old format back?
My rule of technology is to press every button. Eventually, I will get what I am looking for. Try to re-size your screen, re-boot your computer, go through all of the drop down menus on the top of your computer,(especially "view" enter full screen), etc. If you have an Apple, try their free live, American support. 1-800-APPLECARE.

Dale
Miami

i would get new phone if i was 'Droning'......😄

Fixed. Remember this is specific to the Galaxy Z Fold 4, but is probably similar across Z Fold generations.

Reactions: Skydreamer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1