DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found drone

It should have an FAA registration number affixed to it. It would look something like this
38512C70-9564-47C9-BCC6-768AB37CA01A.jpeg

If it has one the FAA can contact the owner.

Welcome and THANK YOU for being an upstanding and honest person.

If you have trouble locating the original owner you can take it to your local Sheriff's Office or Police Dept and IF the aircraft is registered and marked properly they can contact the FAA and get the owner's information. Then they will contact them and arrange to get it back to the owner.

Allen

There is no added identifying information on the drone or the battery besides the serial numbers with QR code. There is no contact info and no FAA registration number.

Reactions: BigAl07
There is no added identifying information on the drone or the battery besides the serial numbers with QR code. There is no contact info and no FAA registration number.

No ID? Wow, someone didn’t want to follow the rules nor to keep it...

I would turn it in to the local police, they may have a return to finder option if it goes unclaimed and we will help you out with getting started with a great new hobbie!

No ID? Wow, someone didn’t want to follow the rules nor to keep it...

I would turn it in to the local police, they may have a return to finder option if it goes unclaimed and we will help you out with getting started with a great new hobbie!
Probably a lot more people out there that just don’t care about that law than we care to think. And whoever owns it probably didn’t think it could disappear! Oh well. The original poster seems to have a good head on his shoulders and maybe we’ll end up with a good pilot!

Reactions: AMann
Some owners place a permanent file on yhe SD card with all their information in case the drone is lost or stolen.

Anyone that smart would have the FAA registration number affixed to the aircraft according to regulations, but viewing video files might give a clue to the owner’s identity or home location.

Anyone that smart would have the FAA registration number affixed to the aircraft according to regulations, but viewing video files might give a clue to the owner’s identity or home location.
Could be a toy drone. No picture, no description. Could be someone is pulling your leg.? Anyway that drone is mine. It was on a long flight from Arizona.?

Could be a toy drone. No picture, no description. Could be someone is pulling your leg.? Anyway that drone is mine. It was on a long flight from Arizona.?

Are you sure it is yours? It might be mine.
We were doing a test last week here 38.5215514,-28.8207671 and a strong wind came up and caught it.....

Can the OP send us a photo of it, so that I can see if it is worth pretending that it is mine? If it is a Mavic and the owner has no markings on it, then they deserves to have it go missing, because they are one of those flyers that we don't want in our midst.

I found a drone this afternoon in the street today in south Miami Beach. Please reply if you think you are the owner.

Yeah its mine. I was at Bondi Beach in Sydney and a strong gust of wind picked it up and next thing you know, goneski! just send it back to me asap please. PS, if you believe that, i have a large bridge for sale as well. PS- this is a joke

Yeah its mine. I was at Bondi Beach in Sydney and a strong gust of wind picked it up and next thing you know, goneski! just send it back to me asap please. PS, if you believe that, i have a large bridge for sale as well. PS- this is a joke

The Pacific gyres have been known to wash up strange things from opposite hemispheres from time to time...

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
If you lose a drone be sure to put the ICBM missiles in SAFE mode. We don't want some old grey haired busy body woman setting one of those missiles off.
It would not be a good day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851