DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FOUND! Lost my Mavic Pro during storm

You should invest in a Marco Polo, there is no monthly service fee and it doesn't rely on cell towers so if you are flying in a "no cell service area" like the mountains of Vermont it still works. It's also smaller and lighter than Trackimo (39 grams vs 12 grams), mounts nicely with landing gear attached (see pic) and is the same price as Trackimo. Marco Polo has already saved my drone once, it works great!
Yeah, I mounted mine on the top back of MP. It's right above compass 1 hasn't caused any problems. Was afraid that if the landing gear detached the MP would be lost and I would only find the landing gear. LOL

Reactions: Yoda007
I think it probably went further than you searched - around 4 km. If you extrapolate the battery level at the final rate of depletion to the autoland level at that altitude, and then estimate aircraft position based on drift speed in RTH to that time, plus around 30 s to descend from 80 m, you get the following:

View attachment 39536

That suggests it should have landed at around 9985 m from the home point. Extending the final track on the map to that distance gives:

View attachment 39537

View attachment 39538

With a guess of ± 3° uncertainty in the heading for that period of drift, we get a lateral uncertainty at 4 km of around 400 m, and that's probably not a bad uncertainty estimate on distance either. The resulting area estimate is depicted by the yellow circle. That's where I would look.
Legend.

Reactions: Yoda007

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78