DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FOUND! Lost my Mavic Pro during storm

Usman

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Have been flying today, the wind was high and couldn’t imagine it would go crazy high within seconds, altitude was about 100m, tried my best to bring it down manually and through RTH but it kept on going with the wind for 6500m distance until i lost connection.

I reached the place where it was disconnected and tried a search nearby but all in vain.

If I upload the flight record, is there any possibility to get any approximate location or any idea how far it could’ve gone from that location?

There are all fields in that area so i have a hope it can be found after some struggle.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Regards

The dji go app should show the last location that it crash landed. I lost an Inspire in the ocean and brought my cell phone out with the go app open, paddled out to where it said it was, and dove down and actually found it in 30’ of water. As long as the mavic still had some battery left when it hit the ground it should show where.

Did you try the Find My Drone function of Go 4? There might be enough battery left to try it.

The dji go app should show the last location that it crash landed. I lost an Inspire in the ocean and brought my cell phone out with the go app open, paddled out to where it said it was, and dove down and actually found it in 30’ of water.

When i lost connection it was on about 50km/hr speed and going in the opposite direction with 37% battery. So i have no idea if it crashed anywhere or landed when the battery would’ve gone.

Did you try the Find My Drone function of Go 4? There might be enough battery left to try it.

Yes i did but it was too far already and it took me 25mins to reach that point due to high thunderstorm.

what’s it show when you open up your last flight? In the go app. Does it show the flight path from previous flights?

Attachments

• 22E13374-CD73-4E70-B47E-D2A30156C051.png
    22E13374-CD73-4E70-B47E-D2A30156C051.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 284
Last edited:
The dji go app should show the last location that it crash landed.

The OP lost connection and never regained it. The app won't be much help (and the "find My Drone" feature), as it will only show the last known location when the RC was still connected (it can't get any more data after the connection is lost). The OP says it still had 37% battery and going in the opposite direction. It will continue to drift (due to the strong wind) in that same direction until reaching critical battery level, at which point it will land. That could be another 1,000 meters downwind. Without the uploaded flight log, folks won't be able to make an educated guess where to look based on last known location and direction/speed of travel.

The OP lost connection and never regained it. The app won't be much help (and the "find My Drone" feature), as it will only show the last known location when the RC was still connected (it can't get any more data after the connection is lost). The OP says it still had 37% battery and going in the opposite direction. It will continue to drift (due to the strong wind) in that same direction until reaching critical battery level, at which point it will land. That could be another 1,000 meters downwind. Without the uploaded flight log, folks won't be able to make an educated guess where to look based on last known location and direction/speed of travel.
So you’re saying the drones gps relies on connection with the transmitter?

So you’re saying the drones gps relies on connection with the transmitter?

The drone, no. But the app does need a connection. The drone will have the data where/how it flew but if you never regained your RC connection to the drone, there's no way for you to get that information. Imagine a person lost in the woods with a radio calling for help. If there's no one in radio range to hear the call, it doesn't matter what that person is broadcasting, even if it's their exact position.

So the flight video won't help much. Upload the log file from your device. Instructions below, then post the link back here.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

I’m trying to upload the complete flight log, in the meantime i have screen recorded and uploaded on YouTube, the link is:

I hope this isn’t a violation of the forums, I’ll be trying my best to upload through the proper way mentioned above lisadoc.

Out of curiosity, what flight mode were you in? The closest I’ve come to anything like this is mine being flipped by the wind, but drifting like this seems odd.

The OP lost connection and never regained it. The app won't be much help (and the "find My Drone" feature), as it will only show the last known location when the RC was still connected (it can't get any more data after the connection is lost)...
If it just happened and he could get to the last known location before the battery died, he could have tried to re-establish connection so find my drone might have helped recover it. I know that it is if, could, and might but is worth a shot.

Out of curiosity, what flight mode were you in? The closest I’ve come to anything like this is mine being flipped by the wind, but drifting like this seems odd.

It was on normal mode and connected to GPS.

That’s crazy... I really hope you the best of luck finding it. I know what it’s like.

It was in P-mode (from the video). It looks like the OP tried to switch to sport mode early on but hadn't enabled it in the app, and then never got a chance to switch out of P-mode for the remainder of the flight.

If it just happened and he could get to the last known location before the battery died, he could have tried to re-establish connection so find my drone might have helped recover it. I know that it is if, could, and might but is worth a shot.

The first post was 54 minutes ago. The battery would be long dead by now, especially with only 37% when it lost connection.

It was in P-mode (from the video). It looks like the OP tried to switch to sport mode early on but hadn't enabled it in the app, and then never got a chance to switch out of P-mode for the remainder of the flight.

I did not try to enter the sport mode during this flight.

The first post was 54 minutes ago. The battery would be long dead by now, especially with only 37% when it lost connection.
When I made my original post, it was only five minutes after the OP. I did not know how much time had passed since it was lost. I was just trying to offer an option to try. If it didn't work for the OP, perhaps someone else will remember my suggestion when they find themselves in a similar situation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000