DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic Drone in River

Tinhorse

Reactions
If you lost a Drone in a river in BC, Canada I may have it. Contact by text is best 250 731 6548.
Mike

If I can't locate the owner is there a way to get a new controller and charging cable to see if it still works?

If you lost a Drone in a river in BC, Canada I may have it. Contact by text is best 250 731 6548.
Mike

If I can't locate the owner is there a way to get a new controller and charging cable to see if it still works?
If it's been under for more than a short time, it's not going to work or be repairable.

If it is fresh water dry it out well - you will find ways to do it on here - remove battery - let dry for a long time - likely fresh water too - you could try to get a second hand battery and controller to try it - I wouldnt even attempt to charge that battery - if it doesn't work just resell the controller and battery - everyone could use a second one

you can ck with serial numbers with DJI they might tell who owns it if they have 2 year care DJI they would replace it for free but they want the bones lol

• Love
Reactions: Filipok
Mike

Question . How did you find a drone in a river?

Reactions: Jaysjob and Filipok
My 11 year old son found it while we were snorkeling through a canyon section on the river near our house. He saw something with a bit of shine and dove down about 20 ft and pulled it up. Looks like it's in great shape and wasn't down there long as it had no sand or silt on it.

I have given it to a friend who was visiting from the interior and he has a couple mavic drones and is goingto test out new batteries and see if it has any potential life left in it. I will contact dji when I get it back from him and give them the serial numbers and try to track down the owner that route.....

Reactions: Jaysjob
I landed mine in a pond, wasn't down long but I was able to revive it. Lost the battery, took both upper and lower shells off, put in a bag of rice for a few days, then decided to send it in for repairs. DJI would not repair it because it had been in water...sent it back..took about 2 weeks. When it came back I tried to start it and it worked. I guess it had time to dry out.
Been flying it ever since, about 6 months.

Good Luck

I wi get my friend to look at that. He has it right now as he has a similar model and will be able to get a battery and remote to try on it. I will ask him about internal storage and downloading it. I figured there must be some. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+