DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found the perfect remote sticks

Ron-EP

Reactions
So coming from the Phantom lineup I've always struggled with the Mavics and the lack of stick sensitivity adjustment option. Specifically talking about the Mavic Air 2 which I'm currently flying. My issue has been that they're just too sensitive. Seems I'll go zero to 20 mph with very little effort. Yes, I know longer sticks will help fly more accurate but that's not what I need. What I need is more resistance. I even tried flying without the sticks and surprisingly it was much better for me. Still, the lack of a little nub was the reason I wasn't flying full time without sticks. It felt good but not safe. Anyways, I found these shorter sticks on Amazon and I have to say I'm really excited now about how much of a better experience flying the MA2 is. They screw in just like the original ones and fit in the slot/holder.(i never take mine off though)
20210220_173748.jpg20210220_173619.jpg20210220_174355.jpg20210220_173551.jpg
So if anyone's been looking for shorter sticks I highly recommend these. It could just be me I just was never able to transition easily from The Phantom remotes to the Mavic remotes.

Take care everyone

So coming from the Phantom lineup I've always struggled with the Mavics and the lack of stick sensitivity adjustment option. Specifically talking about the Mavic Air 2 which I'm currently flying. My issue has been that they're just too sensitive. Seems I'll go zero to 20 mph with very little effort. Yes, I know longer sticks will help fly more accurate but that's not what I need. What I need is more resistance. I even tried flying without the sticks and surprisingly it was much better for me. Still, the lack of a little nub was the reason I wasn't flying full time without sticks. It felt good but not safe. Anyways, I found these shorter sticks on Amazon and I have to say I'm really excited now about how much of a better experience flying the MA2 is. They screw in just like the original ones and fit in the slot/holder.(i never take mine off though)
View attachment 124261View attachment 124262View attachment 124263View attachment 124264
So if anyone's been looking for shorter sticks I highly recommend these. It could just be me I just was never able to transition easily from The Phantom remotes to the Mavic remotes.

Take care everyone
Can u supply a link?

Agreed, the controller for the Mavic basically kinds sucks compared to the Phantom or Inspire controllers. My view is a bit different though, I found the Mavic sticks too stiff and too short. I swapped mine out... apparently they don't make the ones I got any more, but THESE ONES are similar... basically (for my taste) they just need to be longer, these are adjustable length for your personal taste. I feel being a bit longer gives more leverage and in a way gives more precise inputs. I think I only lengthened mine by about 4mm (3/16") or so and that was enough to make a difference to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron-EP
I have never taken mine off so having a smaller profile that does not catch as easy would be a nice change.
Thank you for the link.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

I use my fingers on the controller and move the sticks with the side
of my thumbs and press down to be steady. Works for me to be steady. Works for me to be smother. What works for you.?

Reactions: Ron-EP
View attachment 124261View attachment 124262View attachment 124263View attachment 124264

Take care everyone
I took a ear bud silicone sleeve. Slipped the post through the ear whole and it keeps dust out and puts a little resistance.

Reactions: basyok and Ron-EP
Reactions: MavicProGlow
Thanks for your review. I think I'll grab a pair. I too have been struggling with fine control. Sometimes when I just want to be constantly going forward or upward, I accidentally start drifting or turning and ruin a video. I considered getting some of the longer or adjustable sticks, but felt like it would actually make it worse - I've suspected that flying without sticks might actually be better, but never tried it.

I'm trying to imagine something I can design and 3d print that could work as some sort of stencil to guide the sticks, or that I can use to lock the sticks in position, but so far no good ideas, and I'm a little surprised that nobody has come up with something yet - at least nothing I could find.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser