DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Budget Experience 100% Safe

Heidelburger

Reactions
Thought I'd dip my toe in the FPV water this weekend and splashed out on a Stealth VR headset (£11.99 - Argos). Took the props off my Mavic Pro (safety first) and spent a couple of hours trying out (and quickly uninstalling) 4 different apps all promising a mind blowing VR flying experience. Two of these apps even had 'DJI and Mavic in their names! The closest I got to blowing my mind was walking round the kitchen with my mavic in hand, watching video relay of my kitchen floor on the headset - then walking into the fridge!!
Sunday morning I risk taking the quad 10ft off the ground before hastily landing it after getting an on screen warning about "my trial will expire after 4 more flights"
Light Bulb moment!!!! Why would I ever risk flying my £800 quad with some cheap hooky third party software?
Solution: Turn off Mavic. Download 'Magic VR player' £Free and Ad-Free and so basic there's virtually no set-up. Make a cup of tea before putting on headset (safety first!!) Sit in comfy chair and watch one of your flight vids for a 100% safe and truly immersive experience. MIND BLOWING!

Litchi works just fine in VR mode. I have a set of VR goggles that are collapsible down to about 1" thick specifically for Litchi use.

Are you able to provide a link for the goggles?

Also, would you recommend Litchi? I was about to pull the trigger on it this evening but held back after reading some of the reviews on the playStore. I don't really need the app but wanted to have it as a back up.

Thanks

Read a lot of good things about Litchi but not 100% 'Cup of Tea' and 'Comfy Chair' compatable

If you're not flying it, what are you doing? Playing back footage? Why do you have to be connected to the drone for that?

Are you able to provide a link for the goggles?

Also, would you recommend Litchi? I was about to pull the trigger on it this evening but held back after reading some of the reviews on the playStore. I don't really need the app but wanted to have it as a back up.

Litchi is basically DJI Go with the training wheels off.

As for the goggles, they're like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Viotek-Spectre-Headset-Lightweight-Collapsible-blue/dp/B01N1QZD60/

They're actually quite comfortable and fit right over my (wider than average) glasses. They also have an open front design allowing use of the phone's camera with Litchi - you can see in front of you with the press of a button, without taking the goggles off.

How are you guys connecting these goggles to the controller/device?

Same way you connect any device - USB cable.

How are you guys connecting these goggles to the controller/device?
OK - My VR Sofa System involves NO flying. Do not attempt to connect your controller or Mavic to anything including the the kettle or kitchen fridge. I'm sure Litchi is great but I would be interested to know if DJI would wriggle out of a claim should any malfunction occur??? All I was trying to say was that sometimes there are safer ways of experiencing things. If you want to see a Mavic fly 2000ft above the cloud base - watch some other nutter do it on Youtube! For me - the VR headset thing is just fine watching archive footage. Hope that all makes sense. My final word on this one. Have fun :)

Thought I'd dip my toe in the FPV water this weekend and splashed out on a Stealth VR headset (£11.99 - Argos). Took the props off my Mavic Pro (safety first) and spent a couple of hours trying out (and quickly uninstalling) 4 different apps all promising a mind blowing VR flying experience. Two of these apps even had 'DJI and Mavic in their names! The closest I got to blowing my mind was walking round the kitchen with my mavic in hand, watching video relay of my kitchen floor on the headset - then walking into the fridge!!
Sunday morning I risk taking the quad 10ft off the ground before hastily landing it after getting an on screen warning about "my trial will expire after 4 more flights"
Light Bulb moment!!!! Why would I ever risk flying my £800 quad with some cheap hooky third party software?
Solution: Turn off Mavic. Download 'Magic VR player' £Free and Ad-Free and so basic there's virtually no set-up. Make a cup of tea before putting on headset (safety first!!) Sit in comfy chair and watch one of your flight vids for a 100% safe and truly immersive experience. MIND BLOWING!
this is a good idea

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter