DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Drone CRAZY

Holy cow, this is crazy but in an awesome way. If is not real (I think it is) awesome CGI effects. Thumbswayup

I think it's a mix, with the tight maneuvering, close to obstacles, sped up and the those shots with people moving done at normal speed. I

Reactions: Rchawks
If I remember right one pass was repeated, with the bower having the same movements.
Opps my mistake

Last edited:
Had to do some research on this:

Jay Christensen is an arial cinematographer in Minneapolis who shot this breathtaking video of the city's Bryant Lake bowling alley with an FPV drone.

Sharp shooter! Tiny 'racing' drone is flown inside Minneapolis bowling alley at 15mph to capture INSANE short film in a SINGLE SHOT​

• Jay Christensen, 25, who is an aerial cinematographer, shot the breathtaking video of Bryant Lake Bowl and Theater in Minneapolis with an FPV drone
  • In an interview with DailyMail.com Christensen and the video's director, Anthony Jaska, 35, broke down their process for capturing several moments in one shot
  • Christensen said drone is 'a very small FPV drone that you're able to fly from the exterior of a building all the way through the interior of the building in one take'
  • The drone traveled at a speed of about 15 miles per hour
The only thing that was added was the sounds which were picked up my mics.
The Hardest shot was coming in thru the door because of the winds.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the rain.

Last edited:
Watch it on YouTube and check out his other videos.
He’s a pro. Tried to link his channel but couldn’t on my pad.

It is very stunning. (Risky??)
Yes if it wasn’t staged .

Added/ don’t mean staged as it was fake just planned out very well.

Last edited:
Yes if it wasn’t staged .

Added/ don’t mean staged as it was fake just planned out very well.
It would have to have been planed, none of the bowlers were freaked out or even really paid attention..

Fun video!

Curious on the last shot with the drone in with the pins..

For sure it was planned, a pretty sophisticated production.
Yes it was and like I said look at his channel. Looks to have a full crew. Guy can fly.

That is freakin' insane. How does someone even react that quickly when the drone is going so fast???? I wonder how much of the activity was staged and the flight choreographed? It had to be, especially when he took the drone behind the pins and through the smallest of window-ways.

That is freakin' insane. How does someone even react that quickly when the drone is going so fast???? I wonder how much of the activity was staged and the flight choreographed? It had to be, especially when he took the drone behind the pins and through the smallest of window-ways.
See this article on The Daily Mail site. It claims they did the production in "less than a week", which implies it was probably around six days. Maybe six days and 23 hours.

Another quote from the above article says 'Coordinating the timing of everyone's actions was the most difficult part,' they said. 'So many variables needed to align simultaneously to make the shot work. In a one-take, everyone's role is critical.'

It was definitely well-choreographed and rehearsed. Nobody looked at the drone. Even when the drone flew between the guy's legs, he didn't seem to notice. The people had all rehearsed their parts.

I'm expecting that team to get the credit for some kind of advertisement aired during next year's Super Bowl.

CNN picked up the story:

One-shot drone video of bowling alley mesmerizes internet

Some things I noticed, none of which were surprising:
  • They say it was done in one shot, with no CGI, contrary to what some skeptics suspected.
  • It took them around ten tries to get a perfect take.
  • They display the drone. It's very small, and has a GoPro attached to it. It didn't appear to have any Gimbal as far as I could see. I didn't recognize it, but suspect it could be home-built. They pointed out a small camera used for FPV flying, separate from the GoPro used for cinematic filming.
  • Sounds were all added in post-production, because the drone would have been too noisy.

Watch it on YouTube and check out his other videos.
He’s a pro. Tried to link his channel but couldn’t on my pad.
Yea, he did a similar video going into a movie theater (it is on his channel as well) ... he definitely has skills and is very creative!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom