DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Lag

jhughes

Reactions
Sometimes my MA2 FPV lags and it usually happens when air sense detects a air craft. Please help is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? It doesn’t happen every flight but when it do it’s bad and I feel like I’m going to lose or crash my MA2 with this FPV lag

I too have experienced the live video lag / freezing with my iphone X as well. It usually acts up after 10-15 minutes into a flight even when the drone is right in front of me.

Switching transmission mode to smooth and turning off cache when recording under camera setting helped somewhat, but turning on airplane mode gave the best FPV performance for me.

Ya I haven’t seen any lag when airsence is active that’s weird.

You can also turn off Air Sense in the app, if you suspect that is the cause.

In order to troubleshoot and find the problem you need to fly with Airsense off and compare result. I would also try what someone else said about the caching that uses processing power. It honestly shouldn’t affect it but there is no telling. Especially these days with how active apps are in background. Facebook is a big one and so is Facebook messenger. I don’t have those apps installed but they are constantly stealing bandwidth and battery open or not.

In order to troubleshoot and find the problem you need to fly with Airsense off and compare result. I would also try what someone else said about the caching that uses processing power. It honestly shouldn’t affect it but there is no telling. Especially these days with how active apps are in background. Facebook is a big one and so is Facebook messenger. I don’t have those apps installed but they are constantly stealing bandwidth and battery open or not.

Cache being on does cause video lag on my android tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre