DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV/Racing drone tour of Tesla factory

SethB

Reactions
I really like flying GPS stabilized drones, and love the imagery!

Then I see something like this, and am reminded that the methods I like to use are not the only legitimate methods to make film:

I really like flying GPS stabilized drones, and love the imagery!

Then I see something like this, and am reminded that the methods I like to use are not the only legitimate methods to make film:
I watched that earlier today and I was very impressed. Does anyone know who the pilot was? Thanks for sharing 👍

that is a very clever combination of drone footage and hand held filming ,with most of the sequences speeded up during editing ,but it is entertaining thats for sure

I watched that earlier today and I was very impressed. Does anyone know who the pilot was? Thanks for sharing 👍

Found this . . .

Drone whips around Tesla's Berlin Gigafactory in new fast-paced video

"The video was shot by Ferdinand Wolf, a commercial drone pilot at Skynamic. He used cinewhoop style and five-inch drones specifically designed to get smooth video in a small, fast, and nimble package."

Another article where the pilot is mentioned, AND a video behind the scenes showing him flying it . . .

Most of this was real time speed, with the obvious speed ups here and there . . . they use programmes like Reel, Steady, Go to stabilise and smooth out FPV footage in post.

• Wow
Reactions: 280 and bassnbeau
How does one learn to fly like that???? So amazing.

By practicing a lot, multiple packs a day every single day and drilling drilling drilling (which is what I'm going through in order to learn fpv)

By practicing a lot, multiple packs a day every single day and drilling drilling drilling (which is what I'm going through in order to learn fpv)

And the odd crash ;)
Thankfully FPV drones are a lot more resilient than DJI drones.
Especially those little ducted prop cinewhoop style drones.

A highly recommended way to learn FPV is to get a controller, a dongle / cables and download a sim, practicing on a computer.
This is apparently the best way to at least get a grip on what that style of flying requires on the sticks before going to the real thing.
I imagine it's a lot of fun too . . . I have the controller, dongle / cable, and a couple of free sims downloaded, just lacked the time or real enthusiasm to take the final step (wary of losing interest in my DJI drones !).

And the odd crash ;)
Thankfully FPV drones are a lot more resilient than DJI drones.
Especially those little ducted prop cinewhoop style drones.

A highly recommended way to learn FPV is to get a controller, a dongle / cables and download a sim, practicing on a computer.
This is apparently the best way to at least get a grip on what that style of flying requires on the sticks before going to the real thing.
I imagine it's a lot of fun too . . . I have the controller, dongle / cable, and a couple of free sims downloaded, just lacked the time or real enthusiasm to take the final step (wary of losing interest in my DJI drones !).
Yeah. I spent my first month flying acro on a sim before flying with the drone. Controls are different enough from a stabilized photographic drone to make you learn it all again. I've already crashed it a bit while doing crazier stuff, but that's good because you learn a lot from it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead