DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frame Flickering Issue

redserv

Reactions
Guys I can't remember when exactly this started gappening, maybe it was after a firmware update. However I am experiencing a very slight strobe effect in my videos out off my MPP platinum. I have seen others have success using plugins like neat. I am using Sony pro platinum to do my editing, unfortunately the plug-in won't work. I am looking for a cheap solution. Can someone guide me please?

What frame-rate and resolution are you filming in? - and are you recording to a 'U3' rated SD card??

what Foxhall said.

The cheapest solution to that issue is to run a copy of the clip above your timeline at 50% opacity and shunt it one frame across. This seems to cure it, although I've not had to try it myself (M2P shooting in Log with Film Poet's best settings).

Reactions: Lady Rover
OK - your SD card is 100% OK ... No worries there.
Is this something simple like the prop-blades getting in shot while you are filming?? Do you get this same effect on video if you film with the drone flying backwards??

I will upload the file to a Dropbox so you guys can have a better understanding.thanks again for your help

I will upload the file to a Dropbox so you guys can have a better understanding.thanks again for your help
ok so this is a sample video with the issue that I get from my MPP camera, this is RAW Footage. Hopefully you can see the frame flicker especially within the trees In the background

DROPBOX LINK : Dropbox - Strobe Effect.MP4

Hmmm - have downloaded your file. I've saved it directly onto my SSD hard disk so I can replay it at the fastest access speeds I've got on my PC.
I can't see any flicker or strobe effects at all! I'm running a core-i7 Windows 10 PC with a basic NVidea video card, and my C: drive is a solid state drive.
I'm just viewing with the open-source VLC Media Player.
Maybe this is a problem that's associated with the hardware that you are using to replay the video's? Can you describe the set-up you have for getting the video from your Mavic to your PC and what software you are playing it on??

hmm, I don't believe my hardware is an issue as I have the pretty much the same setup as you do. I also used VLC player. if you look at the trees in the background. do you see like a compression type strobe or flash? I am not sure how to describe it again, I am thinking it could be some type of GOP compression issue or frame flickering. I am viewing all my videos on a 60hz monitor, I will try the same file on my gaming pc and see what happens.

hmm, I don't believe my hardware is an issue as I have the pretty much the same setup as you do. I also used VLC player. if you look at the trees in the background. do you see like a compression type strobe or flash? I am not sure how to describe it again, I am thinking it could be some type of GOP compression issue or frame flickering. I am viewing all my videos on a 60hz monitor, I will try the same file on my gaming pc and see what happens.
Nope - honestly, the vid' is as steady as a rock encased in cement!
I'm even looking closely at the water fountains and they appear so natural it's like being there.
Are you seeing this effect through the whole duration of that piece of video, or just at a certain time-slot??

hmm. I tried this on a different monitor 144Hz and although I am seeing it maybe less, it could be my imagination. I see it very little when the video starts where the drone is moving. I get a very very faint almost unrecognizable strobe effect, like exposure change or the picture maybe just too sharp. LOL I don't how to describe this. it could be just me being too picky, thanks for being patient and taking the time to help me, really appreciate it. I think I am going to try changing some of my camera settings on MPP and color profiles and see if it helps.

some of my videos are on yt check it out

Trini Weekes

hmm. I tried this on a different monitor 144Hz and although I am seeing it maybe less, it could be my imagination. I see it very little when the video starts where the drone is moving. I get a very very faint almost unrecognizable strobe effect, like exposure change or the picture maybe just too sharp. LOL I don't how to describe this. it could be just me being too picky, thanks for being patient and taking the time to help me, really appreciate it. I think I am going to try changing some of my camera settings on MPP and color profiles and see if it helps.

some of my videos are on yt check it out

Trini Weekes
OK - you are welcome - I'd put the file on a USB drive and then copy it onto another PC and play it ... It could be your graphics card or something hardware wise. I've looked and looked again - and still can't see anything wrong or strange about that piece of vid' when it plays on my PC ... Have fun & fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics