DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free, all-in-one drone app: Feedback welcome!

Hello, thanks for letting us know about your APP. I went to the APP store using my IPhone, searched for SkyGrid, but nothing came up. I assumed SkyGrid would be available on iPhone since it’s available on iPad.
It's iPAD only and not available for the iPhone. It's resource heavy (not complaining) and needs the iPad to function smoothly.

I’m guessing it’s not on the apple APP store anymore?? I couldn’t find it there
At first I couldn't either and I realized my iPad had a long overdue update needed. It was on something like 12.2 and when I updated to (I think) 14.1 it was then available, installed, and worked as desired.

Last edited:
Reactions: chazzm and SkyGrid
OK, makes sense. Thanks for the reply. Dronelink has a more expensive option for enterprise customers. Is your free version approved for commercial use if the more limited functionality meets the operator’s needs?
Absolutely! The free app can be used for both recreational purposes and commercial missions.

Reactions: Kyle76 and BigAl07
Hey there - So sorry to hear that! Can you confirm what iPad version and iOS you're using? We recommend using the latest iOS on a 2018+ iPad.
1 iPad Pro Software Version: 14.0.1
3 iPad Pro's (6th Generation) Software Version: 14.0.1

Would not work on previous software version 13.6.1 before updating it to the latest.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hey pilots,

SkyGrid here! We’re new to the Mavic Pilots community, so we’d like to give a quick intro. Based in Austin, Texas, SkyGrid is a joint venture between Boeing and SparkCognition (an AI company). We just launched a free, all-in-one drone app that we’d love your feedback on.

Now available in the iPad App Store, SkyGrid Flight Control provides a complete solution to check airspace, get LAANC, automate flights, and detect objects in real-time. We aim to help simplify your drone operations with one app that allows you to manage every phase of flight.

Here’s how it works:
  • Check airspace: Evaluate airspace classes, flight restrictions, elevation, local precipitation, wind speed and direction, and more.
  • Plan a flight: Specify your flight parameters to automatically generate area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions.
  • Get LAANC authorization: If flying in U.S. controlled airspace near airports, request FAA LAANC authorization for auto-approval under 400 feet.
  • Launch or schedule mission: Connect your DJI drone and launch mission to autonomously perform the predefined flight plan, or schedule flight for a future date.
  • Detect objects: During flight, use our AI computer vision to detect key objects in the real-time video feed.
You can download SkyGrid Flight Control for free in the iPad App Store or learn more about the app on our website. We recommend using the DJI Mavic 2+, Mavic Air, or Phantom 4 V2+ to take full advantage of our automated flight capabilities.

Feel free to share any feedback directly in the forum.

Happy flying!
SkyGrid
That's a nice idea, thanks for the work making this ! Now I am waiting until it's available on Android, so I can test it with my DJI Smart controller. :cool:

Hello Mavic Pilots!

Thanks for all the great feedback. We made some improvements to the SkyGrid Flight Control app based on your suggestions.
  • Improved overall stability
  • Improved performance when app is put into background
  • Improved performance when iPad is put to sleep
  • Improved networking
  • Improved airspace awareness data layers
Let us know what you think, and what other suggestions you have. We'll continue to enhance this app in the coming weeks and months, so be on the lookout for helpful updates and new features.

Happy Flying,
SkyGrid

I found it in the App Store, downloaded it, and tried to work with it. It was a bit confusing and there was a way to communicate to you online at the end of it. That’s where after typing in my big story, it defaulted back to a bunch of articles about using it. Somewhere in the instructions when you first opened this there should be a button to direct you to read those articles online in the first place. I have yet to fly with it. Will it work with an original Mavic Air?

PS: the instructions for use are at SkyGrid and it’s helpful to read them first.

I found it in the App Store, downloaded it, and tried to work with it. It was a bit confusing and there was a way to communicate to you online at the end of it. That’s where after typing in my big story, it defaulted back to a bunch of articles about using it. Somewhere in the instructions when you first opened this there should be a button to direct you to read those articles online in the first place. I have yet to fly with it. Will it work with an original Mavic Air?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the SkyGrid Flight Control app supports the DJI Mavic Air.

Our engineering team has extensively tested and recommends the following models: DJI Mavic Air, DJI Mavic 2 Pro, DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise, DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2. Older DJI models not on this list may or may not be compatible with our application.

Reactions: KurtpH
Is it compatible with the Magic Air 2 yet?
Hey guys! Yes, that was a mistake on our end - so sorry for the confusion. We are not yet compatible with the Mavic Air 2, but we plan to be when the SDK becomes available. As of right now, the free version of our app is only available on the iPad but we are planning to extend to other devices soon. Stay tuned!

Hi Skygrid, cannot create and account via the iPad app - see attached error. I have submitted the error via zendesk but have not received a response 5 days later. I have deleted and re-added the app twice.PNG image.png

Hi Skygrid, cannot create and account via the iPad app - see attached error. I have submitted the error via zendesk but have not received a response 5 days later. I have deleted and re-added the app twice.View attachment 138693
Send an email to them at:

mailto:[email protected]

@SkyGrid should be able to help you there. Keep in mind this thread is over a year old so there could have been some ORG changes within their company.

Hey guys! Yes, that was a mistake on our end - so sorry for the confusion. We are not yet compatible with the Mavic Air 2, but we plan to be when the SDK becomes available. As of right now, the free version of our app is only available on the iPad but we are planning to extend to other devices soon. Stay tuned!
Now that the sdk is out for the Air 2S, will skygrid become compatible with that model?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair