DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free, all-in-one drone app: Feedback welcome!

OK. Me again. I did not see how to sign up from their web site. So I tried it again on the iPad. Turns out there is some light-grey text in front of the Sign-Up button that interferes with clicking the button. Had to try clicking it a couple of times in different spots before it would take. There is some sort of text (something like 'A Boeing, SkyGrid Inc' tagline ... or something like that) in front of the button that makes clicking the button challenging. Suggest the developers take a look at that issue.

Anyway, got an email to click to confirm the signup. And that went without a hitch, and now I am able to sign in via the app. Looking forward to playing with it next time I go flying!

Last edited:
Can’t wait until it will work with iPhone!
I couldn't find it but it's because it's not iPhone commpatible yet. Also my tablet needed an update before it was compatible (my fault). Once I was on iPad and it was updated it found, downloaded, and installed easily.

I fully understand now why it's not offered on iPhones... it's a BIG program.

Reactions: Thomas B
I tried my Mavic pro with this app and now my
Mavic gimbal is askew...
Camera won’t calibrate when I go back into dji go4 now...
gimbal overload and check gimbal clamp messages appear now after switching back to
DJIgo4.
Any ideas?

I noticed two things right away, and correct me if I missed a setting somewhere.

1) The distances seem to be Metric only with no option of viewing Imperial.
2) I created an Area Exploration mission and a Path mission, both with multiple waypoints. Once the missions were generated, it displayed a dialog box stating mission altitude and number of waypoints, but nowhere could I see the estimated time of the mission based on distance and selected speed. To me, this is critical information.

Generally, I found the app to feel buggy. The map seemed to 'hang-up' and load very slowly when zooming in and out on my late model iPad, and multiple times when I went to delete a test mission, I would get an error, and it would not delete the mission. If I closed the app and opened it again, the mission would be deleted.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hey pilots,

SkyGrid here! We’re new to the Mavic Pilots community, so we’d like to give a quick intro. Based in Austin, Texas, SkyGrid is a joint venture between Boeing and SparkCognition (an AI company). We just launched a free, all-in-one drone app that we’d love your feedback on.

Now available in the iPad App Store, SkyGrid Flight Control provides a complete solution to check airspace, get LAANC, automate flights, and detect objects in real-time. We aim to help simplify your drone operations with one app that allows you to manage every phase of flight.

Here’s how it works:
  • Check airspace: Evaluate airspace classes, flight restrictions, elevation, local precipitation, wind speed and direction, and more.
  • Plan a flight: Specify your flight parameters to automatically generate area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions.
  • Get LAANC authorization: If flying in U.S. controlled airspace near airports, request FAA LAANC authorization for auto-approval under 400 feet.
  • Launch or schedule mission: Connect your DJI drone and launch mission to autonomously perform the predefined flight plan, or schedule flight for a future date.
  • Detect objects: During flight, use our AI computer vision to detect key objects in the real-time video feed.
You can download SkyGrid Flight Control for free in the iPad App Store or learn more about the app on our website. We recommend using the DJI Mavic 2+, Mavic Air, or Phantom 4 V2+ to take full advantage of our automated flight capabilities.

Feel free to share any feedback directly in the forum.

Happy flying!
SkyGrid
iPad only so far, right? Any plans for an iPhone version?

Where do you source your airspace, NOTAM, and weather information?

Hey pilots,

SkyGrid here! We’re new to the Mavic Pilots community, so we’d like to give a quick intro. Based in Austin, Texas, SkyGrid is a joint venture between Boeing and SparkCognition (an AI company). We just launched a free, all-in-one drone app that we’d love your feedback on.

Now available in the iPad App Store, SkyGrid Flight Control provides a complete solution to check airspace, get LAANC, automate flights, and detect objects in real-time. We aim to help simplify your drone operations with one app that allows you to manage every phase of flight.

Here’s how it works:
  • Check airspace: Evaluate airspace classes, flight restrictions, elevation, local precipitation, wind speed and direction, and more.
  • Plan a flight: Specify your flight parameters to automatically generate area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions.
  • Get LAANC authorization: If flying in U.S. controlled airspace near airports, request FAA LAANC authorization for auto-approval under 400 feet.
  • Launch or schedule mission: Connect your DJI drone and launch mission to autonomously perform the predefined flight plan, or schedule flight for a future date.
  • Detect objects: During flight, use our AI computer vision to detect key objects in the real-time video feed.
You can download SkyGrid Flight Control for free in the iPad App Store or learn more about the app on our website. We recommend using the DJI Mavic 2+, Mavic Air, or Phantom 4 V2+ to take full advantage of our automated flight capabilities.

Feel free to share any feedback directly in the forum.

Happy flying!
SkyGrid

Hello, thanks for letting us know about your APP. I went to the APP store using my IPhone, searched for SkyGrid, but nothing came up. I assumed SkyGrid would be available on iPhone since it’s available on iPad.

I’m guessing it’s not on the apple APP store anymore?? I couldn’t find it there

AS noted in the discussions above, it only works on an iPad. When searching the iOS App Store, it is listed under 'SkyGrid Flight Control'

I just downloaded it on an iPad iOS 13.7 (have not yet updated to iOS 14) and found that creating a user account on the app from the iPad caused it to lock up after entering name, email, password and checking the 3 check marks to agree to terms and conditions. I'll try setting up an account on their web page and see if that works.
Hey Allen - Are you still have issues with your login? If so, would you mind sending a quick note to [email protected]? They can reset your account and get the issue resolved. Thanks!

I noticed two things right away, and correct me if I missed a setting somewhere.

1) The distances seem to be Metric only with no option of viewing Imperial.
2) I created an Area Exploration mission and a Path mission, both with multiple waypoints. Once the missions were generated, it displayed a dialog box stating mission altitude and number of waypoints, but nowhere could I see the estimated time of the mission based on distance and selected speed. To me, this is critical information.

Generally, I found the app to feel buggy. The map seemed to 'hang-up' and load very slowly when zooming in and out on my late model iPad, and multiple times when I went to delete a test mission, I would get an error, and it would not delete the mission. If I closed the app and opened it again, the mission would be deleted.
Hey Brock - Really appreciate the helpful feedback. Our team is already working on the metric to imperial option and hope to have that addressed asap. I'll also make sure our developers take into consideration your other requests - that should be a fairly easy fix in terms of the estimated mission time. Regarding the map bugs, can you confirm if you're using iOS 13+ and a 2018+ iPad? You'll get the best performance with the latest version of the iPad. Thanks again for your input!

Hey Allen - Are you still have issues with your login? If so, would you mind sending a quick note to [email protected]? They can reset your account and get the issue resolved. Thanks!
No. I was able to create an account and log in finally. As I mentioned in my post above, there is some grey text in front of the Sign Up button that was interfering with my ability to click on the button. Tried several times and finally able to get it on the button and away from the text. I would move that identifying logo somewhere else on the screen so it does not interfere with attempts to touch the button.

No. I was able to create an account and log in finally. As I mentioned in my post above, there is some grey text in front of the Sign Up button that was interfering with my ability to click on the button. Tried several times and finally able to get it on the button and away from the text. I would move that identifying logo somewhere else on the screen so it does not interfere with attempts to touch the button.
Got it! Thanks for the helpful feedback. Will definitely let our developers know to get that fixed.

Free with no ads? I have to ask: what is your motivation?
Hey Kyle - Great question :) We also offer an enterprise version of our app for those who are looking for more advanced functionality, such as geofencing or custom object detection. But we felt it was important to provide a free version to pilots who can provide us with really valuable feedback.

Hey Kyle - Great question :) We also offer an enterprise version of our app for those who are looking for more advanced functionality, such as geofencing or custom object detection. But we felt it was important to provide a free version to pilots who can provide us with really valuable feedback.
OK, makes sense. Thanks for the reply. Dronelink has a more expensive option for enterprise customers. Is your free version approved for commercial use if the more limited functionality meets the operator’s needs?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143