DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FREE MAVIC AIR!!!

Once it sees a NFZ does it always start to land wherever it is?
In most cases, the Mavic will be using its GPS data and will prevent you from flying into an NFZ. If it discovers it's inside of an NFZ (like in this case), it will always auto land at its current location.

Interesting - makes sense - good to know information here - sometimes we take for granted what airspace we are in.

So sorry to hear you lost it - I am ☹️ saddened to hear what happened - no need to say anything further on that subject.

But tell you what - if i am ever scuba diving in the area I will make sure I look for it.
Safe flying folks.

@ambarcapoor : I'm not the boss, but here goes my explanation: Autolanding happens at critical battery level. So, assuming no malfunctions, it looks like it just ran out of battery. Maybe you took off with a battery that was supposed to be full, but was not, either due to auto discharge or putting in an already used battery by mistake. Of course a fault in the drone is always possible but without data/log Occam's Razor prevails.
This was my thought also. Possibly auto discharge took down the battery. It would have to be critical for it to not respond to the controller. I agree this seems like the most logical explanation

I get the no takeoff in a NFZ but this autoland when you enter one thing is a nightmare. Why wouldn’t DJI implement a “back up” or simply a “glass wall” type of feature instead of auto land when you enter or try to enter a NFZ

I get the no takeoff in a NFZ but this autoland when you enter one thing is a nightmare. Why wouldn’t DJI implement a “back up” or simply a “glass wall” type of feature instead of auto land when you enter or try to enter a NFZ

The Mavic does indeed have glass wall style approach for when you reach a NFZ that they have defined. The issue here is if you don't have GPS positioning when you approach a NFZ. If you enter one under ATTI mode and then get GPS lock inside the NFZ (which is what appears to have happened here), auto-land is immediately engaged because being a NFZ, you shouldn't be flying there and you may be a hundred or so metres into it before it realises and going down would be their suggested course of action rather than flying horizontally for 100 metres. Now if you were only a metre or two into the zone, well that's just unfortunate but I think implementing a feature to fly you out of the zone is probably more risky.

Follow the rules - Freedom
Neglect the rules - Ocean
Written like an obedient slave, unshackle your chains brothers and sisters, and experience real freedom - or whatever 27 minutes battery life can gift you [emoji6]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54